Sign in to follow this  

Ocotilio Wells

Oh oh... How much on precision concepts if you don't mind and what all did they do? Front and rear? re-vavle? Just fluids? Springs? Common, give me the low down!!

All said and done it was about $385 with tax which included front and rear re-valve, fluid, nitrogen, seals and they set the sag. I'm anxious to see how the bike performs.

Was that parts on the bike? Did they actually set the sag with you on the bike? Which PC did you take it to El Cajon or Temecula?

I took the forks and shock off. I think they set the sag because it was correct when I put it back together and there's some mention of sag measurement on the specs sheet. I took it to the El Cajon shop.

Glad to hear Alan is doing well and rich too.

You can add me to the Injured list though. Busted up my foot on Sunday. Broke #234 metatarsal in the right foot. Doc's got me in a cast and crutches for 4wks and then a brace for another two. I should be ready to go by end of the summer. In the mean time I will have plenty of time to use all that great Simple Green cleaners on my bike. Thanks Chris. Once the weather cools down, we're in for another OW trip.

Anyone seen those final destination movies? I'm starting to feel like everyone on that trip is in that situation but with injuries instead of death!!! LOL... Hmmm, maybe my bike is meant to be broke so I can't race next weekend!!! :awww::thumbsup:

You can add me to the Injured list though. Busted up my foot on Sunday. Broke #234 metatarsal in the right foot. Doc's got me in a cast and crutches for 4wks and then a brace for another two. I should be ready to go by end of the summer. In the mean time I will have plenty of time to use all that great Simple Green cleaners on my bike. Thanks Chris. Once the weather cools down, we're in for another OW trip.

Yikes! You broke yer foot? :awww: Jeez, what seperate reality did we phase into on that trip??? :lol:

Hope you heal quick & well. I also want to tahnk you again for letting Sarah ride youe KX100. She is on me like a duck on a junebug to get one for her! I'm lookin' for one if anyone has a good condition 2003 or 4! :thumbsup:

No worris, glad she had fun. I'll keep me eyes out for you.

Things happen in three's so hopefully this is the end of the cycle.

knock on wood

"Rich (yes, Desert Speed!), Great to hear you are recovering so well and fast! So, ya going to go with black Excel rims on yer scoot??"

Ya, I was thinking that the black Excels would look pretty trick. Or maybe the blue anodized Excels. What do you think Leon/guys?

Khris, the staples didn't hurt much. That's probably why you don't remember them being taken out. It's kinda like a pinch. Good luck with the bike. I'm going to have plenty of work ahead of me on mine as well. Hoping I can reuse the spokes. :thumbsup:

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Take care of that and hopefully we'll all be able to get together again without any incidents. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I finally made it back to the computer. I wanted to let everybody know that I am doing OK. I went through 2 surgeries and my neck is fully fused together 360 degrees around with titanium. I will loose some up and down mobility, but side to side should be OK - I am really very lucky that I am not paralyzed or worse. I wanted to thank you for helping me out that day - Jeff, Pat, Perry, Khris, Chris, Lisa, Mike, Mike, Leon (hope I didn't leave anyone out) - you are a great group to ride with. Thanks for keeping me hydrated and getting me back to camp. If I had known what was wrong, I would have called for life flight. For me now, it is one day at a time as each day I get a little bit stronger. The bike is sitting in the garage and I probably won't do much with it until I get the neck brace off. Again, thanks for your concerns and the help. :thumbsup:

Rich, hope your arm is doing better.

Alan

good to here your doing better :thumbsup: - when your ready to work on the bike get a hold of BWB63 (bruce) he has an extra rear shock :lol:

jeff :awww:

Hi all,

I finally made it back to the computer. I wanted to let everybody know that I am doing OK. I went through 2 surgeries and my neck is fully fused together 360 degrees around with titanium. I will loose some up and down mobility, but side to side should be OK - I am really very lucky that I am not paralyzed or worse. I wanted to thank you for helping me out that day - Jeff, Pat, Perry, Khris, Chris, Lisa, Mike, Mike, Leon (hope I didn't leave anyone out) - you are a great group to ride with. Thanks for keeping me hydrated and getting me back to camp. If I had known what was wrong, I would have called for life flight. For me now, it is one day at a time as each day I get a little bit stronger. The bike is sitting in the garage and I probably won't do much with it until I get the neck brace off. Again, thanks for your concerns and the help. :lol:

Rich, hope your arm is doing better.

Alan

So nice to see you back!! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, TD... :awww:

(And hey, can't go wrong with titanium parts! :thumbsup:)

A while back some of you might remember someone off this group broke his neck out at Ocotilio Well. I have his shock here and didn't take it apart till this morning.........

it was done at a big name place that most of all of you have bought or have parts from.

Hard anodized inside out, gold valve.....the works!

Bottom line there were no threads in the nut! No, it wasn't the pressure of a crash that ripped the threeds out......it never had threads! it caught the side of the nut a little and you can see where the rod cought the valve. What a bummer to think that this crash was caused my a bad nut!