Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I ordered 2 spark plugs from Amazon last week, less than 8 dollars total. FEDEX left a note saying they   attempted delivery but no one was home to sign. Im thinking WTF, never signed for anything, not even cell phones!
The next day Fedex comes back and delivered another package from Amazon to my front door, unsigned for, but I had to sign for the sparkplugs which the guy had in his hand....
sounds like a shipper thing as the driver said it wasnt Fedex policy. He also said you have to sign his computer, you cant sign the back of the note they leave on your door.....

This all seems to have started in the last week or so.... If its a merchant policy, Ill find a merchant that doesnt require signing

• Like 2

Must be out in the garage installing his skid plate.  Even with a one day delay 2 day delivery is not bad.

Wednesday , 3/20/2019

3:36 pm

Swanton, OH

Delivered

Left at garage. Signature Service not requested.

10:25 am

PERRYSBURG, OH

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Tuesday , 3/19/2019

2:05 pm

PERRYSBURG, OH

Delivery exception

Customer not available or business closed

8:23 am

PERRYSBURG, OH

7:49 am

PERRYSBURG, OH

Arrived at FedEx location

7:48 am

PERRYSBURG, OH

At local FedEx facility

3:19 am

GROVE CITY, OH

Departed FedEx location

Monday , 3/18/2019

11:44 pm

GROVE CITY, OH

7:23 pm

LEXINGTON, KY

Left FedEx origin facility

1:26 pm

LEXINGTON, KY

10:28 am

LEXINGTON, KY

Picked up

7:31 am

Shipment information sent to FedEx

I'm surprised to hear all the negatives about fedex, they've always been the most reliable for me. Guess I've been lucky. UPS is good too. Don't get me started on USPS, they are HORRIBLE!

• Like 1

Hondaman:  It looks like your package has been delivered:
image.png.241be03df0cedac7d48ccee096b53bb0.png
It was! And they left it in the garage. Nobody home and no signature.....too bad fedex assured me i would have to sign and there was no way around that, because i just ordered the same stuff from my dealer. Someones has to go back now. Rmatv should stop using fedex, usps or ups is slower but your stuff will get there no hassle. Funny how it goes from delivery exception to no signature required after a guy from fedex told me repeatedly no hold, must sign, THIS IS THE VENDORS POLICY. Either way, ill use ups to ship it back! At least you wont get a hassle.Screenshot_20190321-051943_Gallery.jpeg

I would suggest letting RMATVMC know that you will no longer be ordering from them as long as this policy is in place, and that many others you associate with have also said that they will look elsewhere.  The shipper needs to accommodate their customers.  They should allow for an alternate delivery address on your account (like your work address, which should cost them LESS to ship to as it's not a Residential Delivery and less likely an Extended Delivery Area for rural regions.  They should also allow for a "Hold at facility" option if  your work won't allow personal shipments.  Losing a regular buyer who spends $3k-$4k a year won't be the end of their business, but losing hundreds of them could do it.  They need to instruct the carrier (they are the carrier's customer) how they want packages delivered, and if the carrier won't do it, then they find another vendor.  If they won't do it, or fail to do it, it will cost them.  Situation sucks for you tho.  Hope you find another 'plate quickly.
I have done that. They just kept telling me it isnt their policy....fedex says it was. In the end it came despite everyone telling me it wouldnt, ive already ordered from elsewhere so i can send back or sell this stuff. They need to ditch fedex and go with a reputable delivery service. Local ups and usps fellas know me, my dog and where i like my stuff put.

I just received a package from RMATV this morning. Dropped at my doorstep. 
My bet is Fed Ex screwed it up and dealing with them is like dealing with the DMV. &%$#@!ers.

I can safely say i only have to deal with fedex when i buy from rmatv. Everything else is ups or usps.

I bought a rear shock from a person on E bay. I was delivered an empty box with a hole in it and a sticker that said it weighed 12lbs. UPS said they would reimburse the seller. Here I am without a shock and without my money. Seller got paid twice and would not reimburse me. I had to get my money back from E bay after a long arguement.
Thats some shit. How does something like that pass? Its one job- deliver package. You would think they could handle it, though i personally have never had a bad experience with ups

How is this Rocky Mountains fault? You talked to all of them and fed ex said they have your product!! Get a clue fed ex is the worst shipping company around. The driver probably doesn't want to drive out to your house, you said you lived in middle of nowhere. I have worked in warehouses for years and fed ex does this a lot. So much that one company I worked for stopped using them all together. I will continue to use Rocky Mountain. And avoid fed ex as much as possible.
I dont believe i have said this is rmatvs fault. I dont believe i have used the word fault the entire time. What i said was fedex is saying rmatv has changed a policy. Rmatv said they did not. Ive gotten plenty of clues in life??.... anyways, rocky mountains response to fedex obviously changed the situation so it is open for debate on who screwed the pooch. The important thing is this ISNT rmatvs policy, so it all boils down to a bad but cheap carrier, im sure on the scales of corporate america there is allowances for that.

i just got a delivery today from RM.  no sig required.  i was home and took the package from the driver.
They came yesterday, opened my garage and set it in there. It obviously got sorted out between fedex and rmatv, now im semding it back to rmatv on ups because i already ordered the same stuff and am picking it up myself today.

I ordered 2 spark plugs from Amazon last week, less than 8 dollars total. FEDEX left a note saying they   attempted delivery but no one was home to sign. Im thinking WTF, never signed for anything, not even cell phones!
The next day Fedex comes back and delivered another package from Amazon to my front door, unsigned for, but I had to sign for the sparkplugs which the guy had in his hand....
sounds like a shipper thing as the driver said it wasnt Fedex policy. He also said you have to sign his computer, you cant sign the back of the note they leave on your door.....

This all seems to have started in the last week or so.... If its a merchant policy, Ill find a merchant that doesnt require signing

Yes, exactly what you said is what was said to me. I think rmatv just needs a new delivery service

Must be out in the garage installing his skid plate.  Even with a one day delay 2 day delivery is not bad.
Wednesday , 3/20/2019
3:36 pm
Swanton, OH
Delivered
Left at garage. Signature Service not requested.
10:25 am
PERRYSBURG, OH
Tuesday , 3/19/2019
2:05 pm
PERRYSBURG, OH
Delivery exception
Customer not available or business closed
8:23 am
PERRYSBURG, OH
7:49 am
PERRYSBURG, OH
7:48 am
PERRYSBURG, OH
At local FedEx facility
3:19 am
GROVE CITY, OH
Departed FedEx location
Monday , 3/18/2019
11:44 pm
GROVE CITY, OH
7:23 pm
LEXINGTON, KY
Left FedEx origin facility
1:26 pm
LEXINGTON, KY
10:28 am
LEXINGTON, KY
Picked up
7:31 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Incorrect, i work. The rmatv stuff is going back as i ordered from my local dealer the stuff a guy in this thread gave me part numbers for. A one day delay....i was told by both rmatv and fedex there was nothing that could be done unless i signed which never did happen. "Is not bad" doesnt apply when the vendors say there is no getting around something. When i get told on a tuesday its coming one more time to get signed for by fedex, and rmatv told me they cancelled the order and its on the way back to them, one says its policy the other does not. You have a failure to communicate at that point. In the end, all that circle jerking and both were wrong.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, flyfisher117 said:

They have been dropping my RMATV packages at my door... Just received one a few days ago.

I understand you're in a time crunch but, getting bent out of shape because they wont refund your $$ until they have their product back is silly.  They are covering their butts, I do not know of a single company in existence that will do that short of a small mom and pop shop that will operate based off good faith.

I would disagree with the above statement, and here's why;  He never took possession of the package, therefore, he never had (received) what he paid for. It remains in the possession of the delivery company, FedEx knows that and RMATV knows that.  This purchaser did not (presumably) cause this to happen, so, he should not be held accountable for the problem associated with either the delivery company or the seller.

Consider this; when I recently returned a rear sprocket I ordered, through Amazon, and was delivered via UPS.  It didn't fit because they misrepresented it as being a fit form my MC.  As soon as I dropped it off at UPS and it was scanned in using the provided return label, I was issued a refund to my credit card.  They didn't even know for sure that the unused, unmolested sprocket was actually in the package.    Common sense needs to be afforded this case, and it's clear it is not by RMATV or FedEx.  Its necessary for them to come to terms and figure out where the failure point is.  This may end up costing RMATV sales......

• Like 2

I just wish they would notify ahead of time that signature required before the dreaded note on the door so I could make arrangements to be home, I have got the dreaded note from all FedEx, UPS, USPS because I didnt know the pkg required a signature ahead of time.  I did the UPS pre signature thingy and still had signature required notice on my door only to have it re-delivered the next day no signature required.

Most recently a pkg from Australia received email updates that the pkg shipped and would receive another once the pkg was stateside about 2 wks later I got a notice on my door USPS attempted delivery signature required, I was home for re-delivery the following day and got my pkg and about 2 days later got a email from from Australia Post letting me know my pkg had made it state side but not indicating that it had already been delivered two days earlier.  

Compared to Australia Post maybe FedEx, UPS, USPS isnt so bad afterall?

Edited by Iffykid

7 minutes ago, Tripilot said:

I would disagree with the above statement, and here's why;  He never took possession of the package, therefore, he never had (received) what he paid for. It remains in the possession of the delivery company, FedEx knows that and RMATV knows that.  This purchaser did not (presumably) cause this to happen, so, he should not be held accountable for the problem associated with either the delivery company or the seller.

Consider this; when I recently returned a rear sprocket I ordered, through Amazon, and was delivered via UPS.  It didn't fit because they misrepresented it as being a fit form my MC.  As soon as I dropped it off at UPS and it was scanned in using the provided return label, I was issued a refund to my credit card.  They didn't even know for sure that the unused, unmolested sprocket was actually in the package.    Common sense needs to be afforded this case, and it's clear it is not by RMATV or FedEx.  Its necessary for them to come to terms and figure out where the failure point is.  This may end up costing RMATV sales......

I've seen it before where the buyer cancels an order and tells the shipper to return the items.  The seller gets the items back and the box is empty or full of rocks.  The tracking says it never left the shippers possession yet it still has happened a few times.  

I have returned 5 items to Amazon this year and all 5 I had to wait for Amazon to recieve the item to get my refund.  Yes as soon as the package was scanned I got an email saying "your package is on the way back.  You will recieve a notification and refund once we recieve and process it."  Hell I have even had Amazon packages destroyed in the process and the carrier has returned them to Amazon and still a week to get my money back.

Yeah I work in the online business for a company that has done $50 billion/yr in total sales (brick and mortar / online).   I've never heard of anyone issuing a refund prior to receiving the merchandise back.

If you sold something on eBay that the seller wanted to return, would you give him his money back before you received it?  No, no one would. 

Doc

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Rocky Mountain ATV/MC