ktm300

125rr & 200rr Fun Clutch Pack info

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Wayne Main said:

My 19' 125RR has drug as you reported as new. 25 hours and I'm use to it at this point. I use an ARC powerlever - nice & easy, one finger pull with only slight drag. Starts in gear, once it's warm; what more could you want? 

Tested a Sherco 125, clutch felt the same, draggy unless nearly pulled to the bar. I assumed it was a hydro clutch attribute? 

I'm wondering if it's by design? Lots of clutch range for lugging up a hill or feathering to keep a small bore up on the pipe maybe. The MX hydro clutches dont feel that way.

Edited by NjBetaRider

HTR needs more slave travel, which will result in more effort, but that's OK if it's not a big change. This ratio change means higher volume master, if that's possible as the stock is 10cc I hear.  Can't change the slave.  

Alright I have another question. Have any of you noticed how dirty the clutch oil gets in your 200 after just a few hours of ride time? it’s extremely black. I don’t experience this extreme in my other bikes. Maybe I’m working the clutch harder because it’s a small bore but it doesn’t seem like I am. I usually change oil after 15 hours of ride time unless I go on a particularly brutal ride then I’ll change it after the ride.

The clutch functions fine with the dirty oil it’s just excessively dirty from what I’m used to seeing. 

thanks 

Doesn't it have a few aluminum plates?  

1 hour ago, GP said:

Doesn't it have a few aluminum plates?  

Some have reported having 4 central aluminum plates with 2 steel outer plates and some have reported that all 6 plates are steel - both from the factory. I haven't torn mine down to check yet personally to add a data point.

I change oil every 5-8 hours on my 125 RE. It has always been like you said, very dark. I have recently went to all steel clutch plates but have not serviced it since. I'll report back once I do. 

On 10/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, Hawaii Trail Rider said:

Hello,

ive been on other threads talking about the clutch engagement on my 2019. The throw at the lever is ridiculously long. You have to squeeze the lever all the way to the bar to disengage and release it all the way to engage. It leaves no room for 1 finger clutch use in technical terrain. I’ve seen other guys mention this issue but no fix.

You guys have any ideas how to make this clutch engage/disengage like a ktm where there is minimal lever travel to do so.

Im thinking a Clake clutch lever might work but it will probably still have the huge throw. 

I put washers under the spring plate to take a bit of tension Off the springs but no change.

Maybe lighter clutch springs?

Thanks

Has this been this way from when you first got the bike??  The demo 200 I rode didn’t have clutch action like this. It was like my 300 rr. Did you take to Tiki cycle? Or are you on another island?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

My 2020 200RR clutch is very noisy but quietens down a bit when pulled in. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Sounds like it's about to explode but the action seems ok. Should I be worried?