Pirelli MT16 Garacross Intermediate Terrain Tire front and rear

Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder

Baja Designs XL Pro LED w/Hi-Low Harness

FMF Factory 4.1 RCT Titanium Slip On w/ Carbon Cap

Doctor Racer Lift Strap Kit

Vortex X10 ECU

Vortex X10 Dual Map Switch

De-Smogged 

KtmAndHusky Fuel Bundle #1  (Fuel Rail, 90 degree tank fitting, and fuel filter )

JT Sprocket 50T

IMG_5415.JPG.aedd3a505ce5db73b2b92cbbeff173b2.JPG

IMG_5297.jpg.9b3074a09eec17e956125fba2397beba.jpgIMG_5435.thumb.jpg.a900621313318f6c0463f19bc325dd6d.jpgIMG_5454.jpg.534302e29a8271099008727570d6793b.jpgIMG_5455.jpg.2b6fbd493935105badd9db7264304078.jpgIMG_5456.jpg.dc1fb370fad30fc28696f2ada4206c0c.jpgIMG_5501.jpg.e73006d867769446a71aa56c94e8c635.jpgIMG_5506.jpg.01dc87cbd7a63e372c817ee59dcedcb4.jpgIMG_5562.jpg.b4a34864d0a1f581c6ef3766c3a49939.jpg

IMG_5610.JPG.cc5f0a4d9257c8d9625b68d86fc0e58e.JPGIMG_5497.JPG.d310284328d8b9f9661cbb0c3aa18d1e.JPG

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 18husky501 said:

Updated pictures with current mods coming soon!

Nice camera work! 

Like the mods too.  I bought HD tubes before looking at the Tubliss 2.  Now I'm thinking... dang-it... lol

So how are you liking the bike so far?

The only thing I'm struggling with is the compression braking, after decades on 2T bikes, it's very different. Otherwise, it's like cheating. ?

34 minutes ago, sheath said:

Nice camera work! 

Like the mods too.  I bought HD tubes before looking at the Tubliss 2.  Now I'm thinking... dang-it... lol

So how are you liking the bike so far?

The only thing I'm struggling with is the compression braking, after decades on 2T bikes, it's very different. Otherwise, it's like cheating. :)

Much appreciated! 

I contemplated using the HD tubes, but my other Husky has street wheels and tires on it and those are true tubeless tires. So for me im used to them, but this tubliss system is amazing. 0 psi for hard section?? Yes please!

Honestly I was even enjoying it when it was bone stock. But now its just flashy, and is even more fun.

I grew up on 4 stokes my whole life so I guess its something you get used to.

I am working on doing similar to my 450 for a BDR trip (or I might go with a new KTM 690?!)

I contacted ProTune suspension on Facebook and got their home brew kit for front forks. $159 and night and day difference.

Just Ordered saddlebags Nelson Rigg Dual Sport Saddlebags Black and their tank bag. Will attach tent to bags

Metzler MC360 tires, very burly and last a long time, along with HD tubes.

Seat concepts seat, lowering link, key removal, New ECU, FMF pipe (wish I had just kept stock, no real difference in power, a little lighter I guess)

1 hour ago, tigertiger said:

I am working on doing similar to my 450 for a BDR trip (or I might go with a new KTM 690?!)

I contacted ProTune suspension on Facebook and got their home brew kit for front forks. $159 and night and day difference.

Just Ordered saddlebags Nelson Rigg Dual Sport Saddlebags Black and their tank bag. Will attach tent to bags

Metzler MC360 tires, very burly and last a long time, along with HD tubes.

Seat concepts seat, lowering link, key removal, New ECU, FMF pipe (wish I had just kept stock, no real difference in power, a little lighter I guess)

Id stick with the 450. Personally I think the ktm 690 is too big for trail riding /enduro. But thats my 2 cents! 

For my Im thinking the suspension is close for now since apparently husky sets it up for a 175lb rider.

Almost went with the Metzlers......but I think ill be ditching my Pirelli MT16 for some GoldenTyre next.

You will love the seat concepts, that is night and day as well. How tall are you? Im 5'11 and im on my tip toes sometimes. Did you do vortex or jd jetting? 

I think the vortex just helps with how the power is delivered, since stock to me even felt like the bike was a rocket ship.  

I'm 5'7", with a 29 inch inseam. And 59 years old. I came to dirt bike riding later in life, but grew up street riding.

I live at 6000 feet and bought the 450 for high alpine riding on passes and exploring, so first order of business was getting full power: Vortex!!

I have about 30 hours on the bike and the stock suspension was PK, until it really broke in. Then is was too soft and really brutal on both rocks and any hard charging pace.

Ill try camping on it, but its still really tall and just not very tolerable on the road. The new 690 is lower, and would be way better for traveling. I also have an 1190 Non R model, 19" front wheel) for long distance touring, and it does well in mellow dirt and easy rocks with 90/10 tires, but I can't really pick it up off road! I do a lot of solo riding so I am pretty limited by that with the 1190. She is really too much in deep sand or any kind of high penalty area.

I also have a 2017 KTM 300 as my primary dirt bike. I'm a lucky man and live in great riding country.

21 hours ago, tigertiger said:

I'm 5'7", with a 29 inch inseam. And 59 years old. I came to dirt bike riding later in life, but grew up street riding.

I live at 6000 feet and bought the 450 for high alpine riding on passes and exploring, so first order of business was getting full power: Vortex!!

I have about 30 hours on the bike and the stock suspension was PK, until it really broke in. Then is was too soft and really brutal on both rocks and any hard charging pace.

Ill try camping on it, but its still really tall and just not very tolerable on the road. The new 690 is lower, and would be way better for traveling. I also have an 1190 Non R model, 19" front wheel) for long distance touring, and it does well in mellow dirt and easy rocks with 90/10 tires, but I can't really pick it up off road! I do a lot of solo riding so I am pretty limited by that with the 1190. She is really too much in deep sand or any kind of high penalty area.

I also have a 2017 KTM 300 as my primary dirt bike. I'm a lucky man and live in great riding country.

Seems like you have a great selection of bikes to ride, and probably some amazing riding spots too! You sire are the lucky one!

17 hours ago, DPete said:

If you stand back can you see the rear signals well? kinda of looks like the plate is blocking it some, I have the same kit yet to install.

Ill have to check, but it's not really a huge concern of mine. You will enjoy not having that bulky stock set up.

16 hours ago, Daloof said:

great, looks shiny, now ride some gnar, put some scratches on it & show us those pics... ?

Only shiny because I wash it after every ride as soon as I get back. Oh it has some scratches on it already. lol

17 hours ago, Older Rider said:

Nice ride, nice pics. 

I have the '17, made a few mods, still mainly stock.

How is that BD headlight? Looks awesome, I bet it's bright as s#$% I want one.

BD headlight is worth it. Couldn't even see the trail at night with he stock headlight. This bad boy is worth every penny.