Attended the Beta Factory Demo Tour on Sat at Durhamtown. Lots of fun. 

GDM Motorsports of Murfreesboro Tn, Beta dealer, provided the BBQ for lunch. many thanks to them. It was awesome.

The Durhamtown loop was a little disappointing as it was primarily wide open SxS/ATV trails. Not sure that is Beta's fault but what Durhamtown gave them. Was hoping for more trail/single track riding as that is what I am looking at buying a Beta for.

In all I rode 8 bikes but haven't made up my mind yet on which one I would want. I am leaning toward, the 390RRS, 350RRS, 300RRs, XTrainer, or 200RR.  LOL 

I had crashed on the 125 right before I rode the 200 so need more time on that one but is was a great bike.

Beta Test Ride badge.jpg

• Like 4

i was there as well, i liked the 430RRs, 390RRs, 300rr & xtrainer.  im on a drz-400 currently, so all those bikes are awesome.  early in the session i liked the 430 rrs & 300 rr the best, toward the end of the day the 2 stroke vibration was more apparent.  Loved the 430 rrs, i felt the most comfortable on that bike.

haha, just started your video-that was me that gave you the bike!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mac20k said:

haha, just started your video-that was me that gave you the bike!

Cool you and I talked quite a bit. 

BTW here is the video of me crashing the 125.  I really enjoyed this bike but it would not be my primary. 

Edited by HSV-DirtRider
  • Like 1

I was there too! Morning session. I took some video I hope to get around and upload also. I’ll post it if so.

I arrived a bit late (about 10:30 am) and only rode the 2 strokes. Not interested in 4 strokes so that was fine.

I really liked the 200RR. The 250 and 300 RR and RE bikes were nice, but I was surprised how much they vibrated. I could feel it through my boots. Certainly way more than my bike does (YZ250X) or the 200RR. Given all the postings here on TT that 300 2s are the cat’s meow, I was expecting to love that bike, but it did not turn my head from my own bike.

Hats off to Beta for a really well run program. Agree some singletrack would have been better! But it was fun to try all those bikes in one fell swoop on a nice sunny day.

• Helpful 1

250 Race Edition Full Lap.

Alright, now I have to post my vid of the same loop on the 200RR!

Two things of note:

1. You mentioned the vibration down by your feet twice. You said you could live with it. I don’t think I would want to. Made my YZ250X feel like a ride in a german car by comparison.

2. You too were surprised by that damn perpendicular rut at 6:00 mark in your vid. First lap for me was the 200RR and all I could do was attempt an MTB style bunny hop. Thank goodness the 200 was light!
  • Like 1

i'm going to the one next week in WVa.  i'm not in the market to buy a bike right now but an opportunity to test them out would be neat.  franlly, i'm interested in the same ones you are @HSV-DirtRider.  though i'm not much of a 2 -stroke fan, so we'll see about those.

Here is the 390. Had to be one of my favorites of the day. I am primarily looking for a technical single track bike but really liked this one. I had my fastest lap of the day on this one. If I was looking for a great all round bike this would be it I am thinking.

Oh and subscribe to my channel... LOL (Shameless plug)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tahoe Gator said:

Alright, now I have to post my vid of the same loop on the 200RR!

Two things of note:

1. You mentioned the vibration down by your feet twice. You said you could live with it. I don’t think I would want to. Made my YZ250X feel like a ride in a german car by comparison.

2. You too were surprised by that damn perpendicular rut at 6:00 mark in your vid. First lap for me was the 200RR and all I could do was attempt an MTB style bunny hop. Thank goodness the 200 was light!

The vibration was much higher on the 250 than the others. Not sure I would have been able to feel my feet after a full day of riding that. They need to look into a counterbalanced engine.

Yeah that damn turn with the ruts caught me by surprise every lap. Never had a good answer for it... LOL

15 hours ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

The vibration was much higher on the 250 than the others. Not sure I would have been able to feel my feet after a full day of riding that. They need to look into a counterbalanced engine.

Do you normally ride a two stroke?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Do you normally ride a two stroke?

I used to ride a CR250 years ago but mostly 4ts now. The 300 and 200 had some vibration as I expected but the amount on the 250 surprised me. Maybe it was just that particular bike. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, HSV-DirtRider said:

Here is the 390. Had to be one of my favorites of the day. I am primarily looking for a technical single track bike but really liked this one. I had my fastest lap of the day on this one. If I was looking for a great all round bike this would be it I am thinking.

Oh and subscribe to my channel... LOL (Shameless plug)

Difficult to evaluate a dirtbike while riding a highway. Was there no trail?

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 1:38 PM, Piney Woods said:

Difficult to evaluate a dirtbike while riding a highway. Was there no trail?

That's what they had set out as a lap. One part of the loop toward the end was a smooth clay road with blue tracks on each side from SxS tires. Crazy... 

Going to try the 300 and 200 again soon on a trail so more to come. 

Drove up to Loretta Lynn's for the Middle TN Dirt Riders Spring Ride. Lots of fun. Had an absolute blast. While there I stopped by and test rode some Beta's again Thanks to GDM Motorsports out of Murfreesboro.

They had an Xtrainer, 300 RR and 200 RR. 

Here is the video of of Xtrainer. I think he said it was the 2016 model. This is actually 2 rides put together. Conditions were wet and slick with some single track and steep hills. Loved the climbs. Completely different than Durhamtown. 

I have other videos of the 300 and 200 on this course that I will publish soon. 

Yesterday I had the chance to do another Beta demo and the awesome thing was i had 7 bikes (except the 250rr which wasn't there  and what i most wanted to ride) mostly myself for the whole day for a good 6 hours. 

The loop i did was 10-15minutes of half trail/ST that was rocky and sandy with some hillclimbs and half MX track with a couple WOT sections 

So for a good part of the day i would do 2 laps of the loop on the 300 back to base jump on the 200 and do another 2 laps 
I tried everything i could from doing the hillclimbs with minimal run up and as high a gear i could go without the bike stalling to  jumps and whoops really putting em through every scenario available to me.

I was really surprised with the how well I liked the 300 compared to the first time i rode it at a previous demo I really gelled with it and felt natural on it. At most I got to 4th gear before I ran out of track really did put a smile on my face every. I did notice the vibration compared to the 200 but it didn't bother me too much within 2 minutes of riding 

switching back to the 200 it really does feel like a mountain bike compared, It did deflect of rocks a bit more but not enough to be inconvenient for me.
The 200 does lug pretty damn well for its size could put it in 3rd if it was a slightly less gradient 4th and a bit of clutch work it'd crawl up even at low speeds but i really felt at home on it when i was going through the woods section riding 3rd and 4th and 5th gear on the pipe. ridiculously easy to throw between trees. 

Overall I think I would be more at home on a 250rr as the whole day I was kinda longing for that middle ground between the 200 and 300 just the bike wasn't there for me to test

59623161_2269108539819578_3305295660068110336_n.jpg

Yesterday I had the chance to do another Beta demo and the awesome thing was i had 7 bikes (except the 250rr which wasn't there  and what i most wanted to ride) mostly myself for the whole day for a good 6 hours. 

The loop i did was 10-15minutes of half trail/ST that was rocky and sandy with some hillclimbs and half MX track with a couple WOT sections 

So for a good part of the day i would do 2 laps of the loop on the 300 back to base jump on the 200 and do another 2 laps 
I tried everything i could from doing the hillclimbs with minimal run up and as high a gear i could go without the bike stalling to  jumps and whoops really putting em through every scenario available to me.

I was really surprised with the how well I liked the 300 compared to the first time i rode it at a previous demo I really gelled with it and felt natural on it. At most I got to 4th gear before I ran out of track really did put a smile on my face every. I did notice the vibration compared to the 200 but it didn't bother me too much within 2 minutes of riding 

switching back to the 200 it really does feel like a mountain bike compared, It did deflect of rocks a bit more but not enough to be inconvenient for me.
The 200 does lug pretty damn well for its size could put it in 3rd if it was a slightly less gradient 4th and a bit of clutch work it'd crawl up even at low speeds but i really felt at home on it when i was going through the woods section riding 3rd and 4th and 5th gear on the pipe. ridiculously easy to throw between trees. 

Overall I think I would be more at home on a 250rr as the whole day I was kinda longing for that middle ground between the 200 and 300 just the bike wasn't there for me to test

59623161_2269108539819578_3305295660068110336_n.jpg.686c0770141b74ae3555331692727335.jpg

Not even the 250RE?