Just now, Tahoe Gator said:

Not even the 250RE?

Nope we didn't have any of the race editions to try out which is a bummer. The dealer network is a bit slim here in Australia so i dont think they could spare them 

Just signed up for a demo day. Do they email you if you get accepted or is it if you sign up your in?

Just signed up for a demo day. Do they email you if you get accepted or is it if you sign up your in?

Last year they did, took a couple days.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, Wilderness said:

They will send you an email to let you know that either you got in OR you didn't

Edited by shortman
Typo

15 hours ago, shortman said:

They will send you an email to let you know that either you got OR you didn't

18 hours ago, kxlubber said:

Last year they did, took a couple days.

Thanks guys I got the e-mail! ready to go test some bikes!! Really curious on some 4 strokes

3 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

You normally a 4stk rider? The revs sounded like you aren't used to 2stk type power.

Yes. Normally ride a CRF250X and YZ250F, but it was very slick clay.  It had rained hard the  day before but it was still very wet and slick. Didn't want to go down. 

2 hours ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

Yes. Normally ride a CRF250X and YZ250F, but it was very slick clay.  It had rained hard the  day before but it was still very wet and slick. Didn't want to go down. 

It looked slick and those euro tires make a difference also.

3 hours ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

On the 300. Same course. Easier to ride in the mud by shifting up a gear. 

did you ride any of the 4 strokes? If so please post up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bradje said:

did you ride any of the 4 strokes? If so please post up.

I rode the 390 and the 500. Will try to post those tomorrow. 

38 minutes ago, bradje said:

thanks. Can you say if you thought the 500 was awesome or?

It wasn't the course for that bike. Too slippery. Plus it was getting choppy and clapped out. I could feel the weight in the technical sections. 

My 2 cents from the Highland Park demo day. (5'10'' 150 average trail rider)

I own a 19 200rr JD jetting and RK Tek head

(2020 200RR) Started on the 2020 200 as thats what im use to a didnt know what to expect on the trail. I would like to ride it back to back with my 19 but for some reason the 20 felt off for me. I could tell the mods to my bike made a difference but at the time it didnt feel drastic the 20 just didnt have the power I was use to.

(250RR) Next I tried the 250. Thats more like it was my thought! Little more grunt than my 200. No real space to open these bikes up but I would assume thats where i would be able to feel the difference to my 200. (Tied for my favorite demo bike)

But my whole reason for this demo day was to test some 4 strokes because I want one really bad!

(390RR)  Very very stable and the power delivery is top notch. But for my light weight not what I want. (unless I could have 2 bikes)

(430RR)  Heavy pig and not made for my light body to fight through single track when im use to a 200. This would be a dual sport bike for me, not my cup of tea

(350 race) This is the bike i felt would be perfect! More my playful style with some awesome suspension. But after the demo I have no feeling for this bike, is was just OK. Just no excitement??? I believe a 250 4t would best fit the bill for what i want.

(300RR) OK overall, too much bike for my build but nice

(125RR) Now this thing was a blast! I probably shifted this thing 20-30 times around the test loop but loved every minute! Would I want it for a single bike, absolutely not. But I would buy one in a heart beat for a play bike. 

no ride on the 500 or 300 race

Vibrations on the 250/300 werent noticeable, very similar to my non counterbalanced 200

Demo winners- 250rr and 125rr

390/125 would be a fun combo for my riding

Also rode the 200 trials bike a couple laps and those things are awesome, never rode one prior 

Beta does an excellent job on the demo days, so much fun to ride all these bikes back to back and get a feel for them

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, Piney Woods said:

You normally a 4stk rider? The revs sounded like you aren't used to 2stk type power.

Also want to add my motivation for looking at the Beta's. I am looking for a bike for tight technical single track. There is a lot of that up here in North Alabama and middle TN. I am not looking for that 2 T hit but rather the ability to lug up steep technical hills without much, if any wheel spin. Except on transition sections I expect to be in that lower range most of the time.

My desire for this type of bike started when watching the Tennessee Knock Out this past summer. I was spectating on Jarvis Hill, which is very steep and technical. My expectation was that the riders would attack it much like a hill climber with lots of revvs and wheel spin... Man was I wrong. All the Pro's, Manny, Haaker, etc..., climbed it with as little drama as you would expect. They were all lugging it up the hill in much the same way you saw me climb the hills on my demo ride. 

It was at this point I decided I needed to look for this type of bike. Many of my hill climbs on a 4T end with a flame out or lots of clutch feathering so I can keep it up in the revs and not stall it. 

That 250 sounded like the choke was on or the air screw had mysteriously screwed itself all the way in.