ironhead_2007

XTRIG preload adjuster

2 hours ago, ironhead_2007 said:

I think I was told the shock body is a smaller diameter on the 19’s not for sure though.

46mm VS 50mm

Posted (edited)

anyone using an XTrig preload adjuster on a '19 200RR? i had one on my '13 250 and loved it ... bought one for the 200 but package says it's for '20 and doesn't seem to fit as well as my previous one, like it needs an extra collar. the picture on Beta / AOMC is also different than what i received. guide post is on opposite end.

pretty sure '19 - '20 RR shocks + springs are the same (?)

just curious how yours fit if you have one. thanks.

Edited by typeone

I was going to sell the one off my 18' 250rr, let me check the part numbers. If the one you have fits my 2020 we could work out a deal. 

Up to 18' should be the AB10277 & then on should be AB10277-19.

Maybe your bike was shipped with the earlier shock, the old style locked in place round the back of the bladder body, the new style has a separate collar that clamps on above the threads with a  pin to the front.

Looks like you don't need to buy the short shock collar to make it work on the 20's.    

The xtrig looks nice but in reality how often are you guys adjusting your preload? I find once I get everything set very rarely do I need to go back and readjust preload. 

My 990 has easy preload adjust front and back and I hardly ever touch them, only the back once every few years if I over pack camping gear, but that is a adv bike, the beta stuff is pure dirt, so how much gear are you really carrying? 

20 hours ago, ktm300 said:

Up to 18' should be the AB10277 & then on should be AB10277-19.

Maybe your bike was shipped with the earlier shock, the old style locked in place round the back of the bladder body, the new style has a separate collar that clamps on above the threads with a  pin to the front.

Looks like you don't need to buy the short shock collar to make it work on the 20's.    

thanks for the trade offer but i have a '19 shock and p/n AB10277-19 so it's correct, just think i don't like the fit ... to cure the slop, i ordered a Race Tech collar adapter, should work mint. i'll report back once it arrives.

16 hours ago, rharr said:

The xtrig looks nice but in reality how often are you guys adjusting your preload? I find once I get everything set very rarely do I need to go back and readjust preload. 

My 990 has easy preload adjust front and back and I hardly ever touch them, only the back once every few years if I over pack camping gear, but that is a adv bike, the beta stuff is pure dirt, so how much gear are you really carrying? 

i check and tweak preload pretty often depending on terrain + feel, especially for woods > sandy MX situations ... not beating on the stock collars rules.

24 minutes ago, ktm300 said:

Is the slop in the threads or rotating mechanism or the pin/locking ring ? 

top of shock spring > bottom of XTrig collar ... the spring ID is 61.5mm, stock collar OD 60mm and XTrig collar OD 57.5mm ... that 4mm difference from shock spring to XTrig seems excessive to me, and def more slop than the older one i had.

the Race Tech collar adapter i purchased is 61mm OD / 58mm ID.

Edited by typeone

On 1/9/2020 at 4:26 PM, rharr said:

It's the first 40 hours where I am trying to find the magic balance of rear sag, front fork height, bar height, valving, clicker settings, etc.

Once I get it dialed in it does not move again. Takes forever.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mike_socal said:

I have one on my 19 500rrs. Works fine. 

did the spring feel sloppy where it meets the XTrig bottom collar? is your guide post to the left or right of the 'Beta Factory' logo?

10 hours ago, Mike_socal said:

It didn't but I have a racetech spring. The post is just to the right of the reservoir.

thanks, my last Racetech spring used an adapter collar, which is why i'm trying one again. i'm running a Cannon spring but that's not the issue, the smaller XTrig bottom collar is ... and thanks on post, that's how mine is. guess they changed the position at some point.