New to me 04 250

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YZ-250-YAMAHA-2005-YZ-250-2005-PRO-TAPER-TOP-TREE-CLAMP/292944513080?hash=item4434da8838:g:YNcAAOSw~NZcVdM9

Double check with Pro Taper, but I believe the 04/05 share top clamp. You asked about fat bars in our PM. 
[mention=405022]Bent Stud[/mention]
Those look just like the clamps I put on my 04. I remember when i bought them they were listed as 04/05, worked perfect. Just keep a check on the bolts. After many years of use I had a bolt come out and I ended up hitting a tree [emoji38]

Been traveling for work lately tried to call Pro Taper to verify these will work going to call again this week. On a positive note got some parts in and found some brand new bars I forgot I had from a previous bike purchase!!! Got a flywheel weight and some case covers in looking for a few more things then start putting together!

• Like 1

OEM PN between the two models.

5XE-23435-20-00 is the 2005 YZ250T1 PN

5XE-23435-00-00 is the 2004 YZ250S1 PN

According to  @CaptDan master the two digits are a design code/change and should work. I will let Dan master chime in on that. 

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX 

The next two digits are the Design Code and Design Change digits (so 01 means the part has had one design change). This part may or may not appear different, but it will be interchangeable with the original part.

See thread here:

Because the OEM Yamaha part numbers are different, the online parts lists won't show interchangeability :( , so a person has to expand their search. Good job! ?

As you found, according to the ProCircuit webpage (https://www.procircuit.com/top-clamp-yz125-450f-04-05.html), '04 and '05 top clamps are interchangeable. :banana:

Edited by CaptDan
Clarification.
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

OP, have you considered having the suspension re-done?  My '01 was SUPER-harsh when I got it.  A fork re-valve helped about 50% but for woods, I could still persue it.  And I'm 5'8", inseam I don't remmeber but I stand on my trailer to start it when cold & find a good piece of ground (a hump & a dip) to start it when warm.

• Like 1

Ok quick question what is best bang for the buck I was going to do the reroute of the front break line but was wondering if just getting the oversized front break rotor kit accomplishes basically the same thing?

I bought a Galfer hose when I converted my 03. I’m not really liking it. It’s a smaller diameter than the Yamaha hose and I’ve been having trouble getting it to stay put in the clamp on the fork guard. It has slid down through the clamp a couple of times.

2 hours ago, Bent Stud said:

Ok quick question what is best bang for the buck I was going to do the reroute of the front break line but was wondering if just getting the oversized front break rotor kit accomplishes basically the same thing?

Both... 

Tusk brake line and oversized rotor. 

B363625F-9E74-4AD2-9190-DC85345C973B.thumb.jpeg.43e119af14b21e7cebe694ff92d3ffde.jpeg9E2BABA3-D719-4F5A-98C6-70E46734D710.thumb.jpeg.10821482b96d36b9bf6b175b2e6a2c42.jpeg49FD6A7E-6F8F-49AA-B166-B990F58A0252.thumb.jpeg.63cef50b0933717f4567fa4e84280377.jpeg

Does not move in clamp. 

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YZ-250-YAMAHA-2005-YZ-250-2005-PRO-TAPER-TOP-TREE-CLAMP/292944513080?hash=item4434da8838:g:YNcAAOSw~NZcVdM9

Double check with Pro Taper, but I believe the 04/05 share top clamp. You asked about fat bars in our PM. 
[mention=405022]Bent Stud[/mention]

These were still sitting on E Bay so I snapped em up. I have been busy with work and haven’t gotten to put anything on the bike yet. I originally had a budget I was going to try and stay under with parts etc but circumstances beyond my control have caused me to reconfigure said budget! Haaaaaa. Hopefully get to start putting additions on still waiting for a few things. Thanks again everyone for all the help. This site has been an awesome resource!
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

So it’s been all summer and I didn’t get to ride it as much as I’d like but I did get out and had a blast on it! Made a lot of little changes like the previous owner had the spacers on the front wheel switched which jacked up the front break and the fork was all bound up from incorrect tightening among other things. I just switched to the Fatty from the Gnarly as I like it a bit better may sell the gnarly. Anyway thought I’d post my pics as I’ve gone through the stages. I know it’s not as nice as many on here and I still have some work to do but I am really liking the bike! Went with a kinda fade to black look. I thought it turned out pretty good. I want to have the frame done but wanted to ride it all summer maybe that’s the winter project?? IMG_5992.JPG

• Like 1