Cylinder head cracked on NX650, can I use XR650L's cylinder head?

Hi!

My Honda NX650 -94 cylinder head has crack between exhaust valve port and ingnition plug - quite common failure. I have found NX650 OEM cylinder head for $1000 and that is almost half the price of the motorcycle. I was wondering could I replace the cylinder head with XR650L's own? I have found some with price tags closer to $500.

The part number is slightly different, but comparing pictures, they look identical. Have you done this, have you heard anyone that has done this before? Do you know a thread were they have talked about this? 

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Mukavastinumb said:

Hi!

My Honda NX650 -94 cylinder head has crack between exhaust valve port and ingnition plug - quite common failure. I have found NX650 OEM cylinder head for $1000 and that is almost half the price of the motorcycle. I was wondering could I replace the cylinder head with XR650L's own? I have found some with price tags closer to $500.

The part number is slightly different, but comparing pictures, they look identical. Have you done this, have you heard anyone that has done this before? Do you know a thread were they have talked about this? 

Cheers!

Make sure all the parts you need are included in the head deal.......... guides. ect.

Can you use your old valves and springs....................I would get new ones......