jcross312

If you could ride any place in the US, where would it be?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Tahoe Gator said:

So, basically, you’re using a race to get in a great day of riding? I’ve wondered about that.

More like an old school enduro except there's no check points or score keeping.  I'm signed up for the Renfro Valley Ky ride in May. It's not on the AMA list like it used to be.  I rode it 3 or 4 times years ago and it was an excellent ride.  I expect it still is. Most of them ,in my experience, are two day events.

Edited by RBrider

More like an old school enduro except there's no check points or score keeping.  I'm signed up for the Renfro Valley Ky ride in May. It's not on the AMA list like it used to be.  I rode it 3 or 4 times years ago and it was an excellent ride.  I expect it still is. Most of them ,in my experience, are two day events.

Very cool. My wife’s maternal family is actually from Mt. Vernon. May she RIP, buried her 101 year old grandmother there last year.

Now if there were only similar for non-plated bikes, I’d be in business!

2 hours ago, Tahoe Gator said:

That photo reminds me of a trail in Durango. Where is it?

It is a trail called Burro Pass in the La Sal mountains east of Moab.

It is a trail called Burro Pass in the La Sal mountains east of Moab.

I literally have almost the same shot of my bike alongside Dutch Creek near Durango, though of course that’s not all that far away.
  • Like 1

This is what I ended up with. Got awesome deals on both of them,  especially the BMW (only reason I got it and I do fear for my membership to thumpertalk xD) I know, I know, it's far from a dirtbike, but it could get me out West comfortably and get me a little off the beaten path.  And did I mention I got an awesome deal on it?

..Kinda want to do some of the TAT or  something similar the KLR too. Only thing is, now I'm broke! XD  dirt addict

00G0G_jjR9oaR1m9X_1200x900.jpg

00808_kQpIQXlziai_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jcross312 said:

This is what I ended up with. Got awesome deals on both of them,  especially the BMW (only reason I got it and I do fear for my membership to thumpertalk xD) I know, I know, it's far from a dirtbike, but it could get me out West comfortably and get me a little off the beaten path.  And did I mention I got an awesome deal on it?

..Kinda want to do some of the TAT or  something similar the KLR too. Only thing is, now I'm broke! XD  dirt addict

OMG......the only thing that "dirt bike" KLR will be good for is dirt roads, not trails though. 

Joe

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

OMG......the only thing that "dirt bike" KLR will be good for is dirt roads, not trails though. 

Joe

Yeah, they're both fat pigs, I agree. But I want to do long distance traveling, so this is what I ended up with. Kinda funny story behind these bikes. I scowered craigslist for weeks looking for a bike that would help me get a little adventure in my boring existence. I contemplated doing a rv trip out west and scrapped that plan. Just too much for a solo trip, driving a big motorhome across the country just to do a little riding. (Maybe one day) So I started looking for bikes that were pretty much set up for touring and longer trips. And came across these two bikes that were within 15 minutes of each other, but 4 hours from my house. So, of course, I had to check both of them out, and ended up with both! Really good deals on both bikes. Now I may have to sell one so I can actually travel, lol. Took the 1200gs out yesterday and it's a nice bike. It would be fun to travel on, but really too big for anything remotely challenging. I took it down some dirt roads, hit some sandy spots, it handled that stuff pretty good. Probably the first time it's been off-road according to the looks of it. Didnt have a speck of dirt on it. 

Anywhere in the US?......rip through Pelosi's front yard, flower beds, backyard, hedges, throw roost into the pool.......

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, BUNK657 said:

Anywhere in the US?......rip through Pelosi's front yard, flower beds, backyard, hedges, throw roost into the pool.......

How do i subscribe to your newsletter? Bravo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in Maryland but spend most of my time riding West Virginia trials or PA MX tracks. My goal is to ride trails in California, Arizona and Colorado!!! I think I'm more intrigued with California (the oceano dunes) then anything else.

Wow, that looks amazing. I'm in FL and I would need 3-4 weeks off to be able to drive all the way over there, have time to ride and drive back lol

Yeah, can't help you there. Go south, viva Baja!!!

IMG_0794.JPG.af610ca66b73f53b7adc6d1e781d0836.JPG5ad9f84846b47_karenbaja3.jpg.641f07863242317bfcb3ffe018c4d8a6.jpgIMG_0747.JPG.8b8db51fb5f1441cd2b043692cfed9ef.JPGIMG_7122.JPG.ecd68fecc315dca8b83f1c18b23cd00b.JPGIMG_0789.JPG.f025adc2aef8cfd48d60f339507ab474.JPG1894215605_karenbaja(2).jpg.be108c58148d41602b5ce702f22c49dc.jpg

On 4/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, jcross312 said:

As the title states, if you could ride any place in the US, where would it be? I'm sick and tired of hitting the local MX track. I mean, it's a great track. But fork. I've rode it 1,000 times. There's no trails or anything cool close by. I love daydreaming about distant lands and all the terrain that I dont have down here in the deep south. Moab comes to mind. I wanna ride where I can get some awesome vistas and all. Too bad I have to travel across the friggin country just to do some of the stuff some of the guys on here do on the regular. So if there was one place you could ride, where would it be? If some of yall dont want to make the info public, send me a message, dont worry, I only have like 4 friends and I wont tell them. They wouldn't go anyway, "it's too far, boo hoo" 

JCross,have fenced yard to park your support vehicle,I live between Elsinore/Perris,Ca. Dual-sport only.It hasn't all been burned, what's left  is brown by May.Had Airforce M/C friend's in 80's,they were shocked by comparison to sublime states they came from!

• Like 1

I love the pictures from all over the world in the "I love single track" Facebook page.  Based on pictures I'd say Idaho right now is at the top of my list to visit 

In the meantime, I'm still love riding here.

IMG_20190810_144327240.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonathon Coffey said:

JCross,have fenced yard to park your support vehicle,I live between Elsinore/Perris,Ca. Dual-sport only.It hasn't all been burned, what's left  is brown by May.Had Airforce M/C friend's in 80's,they were shocked by comparison to sublime states they came from!

Are you saying they were shocked because the riding is so good, or shocked because it is bad. Hard to tell what you mean. I've been to CA 1 time. Pretty much up the east side and down the west, and across the bottom. All highway. It's beautiful along the coast and in other spots. I had a good time there. It's like another world to me. I appreciate that offer, I may take you up on it sometime! 👍

2 hours ago, jcross312 said:

Are you saying they were shocked because the riding is so good, or shocked because it is bad. Hard to tell what you mean. I've been to CA 1 time. Pretty much up the east side and down the west, and across the bottom. All highway. It's beautiful along the coast and in other spots. I had a good time there. It's like another world to me. I appreciate that offer, I may take you up on it sometime! 👍

Airman Bob had kz 1000,he went everywhere that my xt 500 went!Was from Seattle,mostly low desert here,1,000 ft to 3,900ft.1880's hard Rock mine roads, all conditions except sand.All sand ,south 200 miles.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:32 AM, jcross312 said:

You might enjoy this 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drop-Bear said:

You might enjoy this 

Torture Trail Hell Ride,quicksand and poisonous vipers,very much like parts of SoCal, eucalyptus to boot!Big pig lock to lock front end swap out would take fun out quickly!

• Haha 1

For me there would be several places in the USA (and so many more).

Cali looks good 

Washington

Idaho

Colorado 

Hawaii

• Like 3