Crf450cheffy

rekluse auto clutch

Don't listen to the haters. Haven't put one on my 450l yet. Rode a ktm 250 something with one, nice to not have to worry about stalling, takes some getting used to, clutch is super light till you rev the bike up, then you feel the pressure. From my understanding if you set it up to grab lower in the rev range it's less obtrusive. I could see how it would help with tight slow stuff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

You only use a Rekluse if you can't ride... 

C'mon Hans! You know that's not true. ;)

At least for me, when riding a later gen Rekluse, I shift and clutch like normal. I don't even know it's there until I make a bigger mistake and it's nice to not pay the price if you're in a terrible spot for a flame out or simply toward the end of the day and you're getting tired (sloppy).

Not a must have, but hardly something for No0b riders only. But, I know you ride very, very well, you're in shape and younger (at least for me at 50), so the value proposition might not be as high as for others. Also, it is nice to stop at at signal lights in gear and not hold the clutch in. Afterall, the CRF450L IS a dual sport.

The biggest con is probably the price of entry. But then again, don't get into dirt bikes to save money!

• Like 1

Installed the RadiusX on my 450L and ran into issues today. Followed everything to a tee. All plates put in appropriate order and made sure to use the washer... My issue is the bike didn't want to idle in 1st.... Adjusted clutch all the way and still no dice. Tried the different springs... still not dice. I added another washer and finally the bike would sit in first but still wanted to pull a bit. The clutch had to be adjusted super tight... While I guess things kind of work, the clutch definitely isn't working to fullest potential. Anyone have similar issues or tips? Going to call Rekluse on Monday to see what they have to say. Thx. 

Pony