Dust

2019 KTM 690 Enduro R Recall

They need to try swapping the ECU with another 2019 to eliminate that part of the equation. 

Can you replicate this same problem on your 2019 model 690 ? As I’m being told that there isn’t a problem. I think the real problem is the bike is a new model and they don’t know what to do. Getting support From the factory is very slow

2 hours ago, Cookie 45 said:

Can you replicate this same problem on your 2019 model 690 ? As I’m being told that there isn’t a problem. I think the real problem is the bike is a new model and they don’t know what to do. Getting support From the factory is very slow

If they say there is no problem the you need to determine the revs per minute the limiter is coming in at so you can tell them its definitely coming in too early. I have had mine at the rev limiter and it revs fine

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cookie 45 said:

just got home from work and listened to the video on my computer and it sounds like the limiter is coming in at the right time. Sounds like you are slipping the clutch when you are reving it am i right or is there also a clutch slippage problem? Also the maximum revs on this bike is 8000 and you get max power at 7500 so not much space to play with. have you got the bike back from the dealers.

Edited by Renegademaster

Bike still at dealer. As it doesn’t have a rpm gauge I need to add a multimeter to see at what rpm the limiter comes on. My concern is I rode the bike for 1200km in some tough terrain known as High Country Victoria and never had any rev limiter issue ( completed the run in km’s as per book ) for example if I do a power mono the bike will not perform as rev limiter kicks in. If I have a shoot out with friends also bike will not perform as previously for same reason.
Will keep you posted

Any resolution yet ? 1st oil change this weekend- 

Still at dealer and no response from KTM AUSTRALIA as yet. Will post with update soon

On 6/18/2019 at 7:23 AM, Islandbouy said:

My 2019 KTM 690 enduro has been in the shop for three weeks for a separate issue (check engine light).  Are you in the US or Canada?  Today Austria engineers are dialing in for the third time.  I have no confidence in this bike and have asked for a replacement cause the dealer, ktm Canada, and Ktm Austria cant figure it out.  I will find out today.

Well after many attempts to troubleshoot this check engine light KTM Canada is replacing my bike with a brand new one. It took many phone calls and lots of persistence but KTM finally came through and did the right thing! New bike should arrive in 2 weeks.

• Like 2

KTM couldn’t fault the rev limiter problem. So collected bike and just now I found the airbox air intake sensor wires squashed under the battery bracket bolt. would damaged wire cause the motor to hit the rev limiter early ? IMG_4807.JPGIMG_4806.JPG

I got my 2019 690 enduro r 2 days ago. It has less than 40 miles on it and today it stalled on me and then wouldn't try to start. I turned it off and waited 30 seconds and it started fine but now the engine light is on.  I let it cool down and later came out and started it and the light is still on.. I hope this isn't something too difficult to remedy, I bought the bike for the TAT ride im planning. really counting on it to be reliable. I'll update you guys as I hear as I'm sure you are on the edges of your seats.😐

• Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 4:57 AM, Cookie 45 said:

KTM couldn’t fault the rev limiter problem. So collected bike and just now I found the airbox air intake sensor wires squashed under the battery bracket bolt. would damaged wire cause the motor to hit the rev limiter early ? IMG_4807.JPGIMG_4806.JPG

Did fixing the wires fix your problem?

Did fixing the wires fix your problem?

I ended up fitting the RADE 5.5l subtank and airbox and rewired the crushed wires in photo.
Now the Bike is an absolute weapon with Wings exhaust, Open / breathable twin air cleaner filter fitted to the RADE Garage airbox. Please note : Keeping the original OEM airbox restricts the engine considerably and a higher risk of dusting the engine due to its design.

Now that i have plenty of power for my style of riding with 14/48 gearing, the rev limiter issue is no longer an issue. Love the bike - just had to derestrict the engine of its heavy emission controls for EU.

I just put in the Rade intake and at idle the bike will die sometimes with a light blip of the throttle. Wings exhaust with DB killer. While riding it seems to be OK but not sure if it's getting too lean or what. 

Edited by Augmach5

I have experienced once an engine shutdown on a decline no throttle - seems like the same issue. Not a major issue at this stage