2019 KTM 690 Enduro R Recall

Anyone hearing about KTM holding onto their new 690's due to something in the engine needing loctite?  

Well.... I just found out today that the reason I could not pick up my 2019 690r last weekend (KTM had a lock on the vin#) was because they need to inspect something to do with the valves?  I was told a mechanic had to do be on skype basically with a KTM tech watching.   Maybe that part was just for me and my concerns? 

TRIED to pick up my SMC R Friday but a locktite issue internally needing attention/recall/hold.  Cams followers maybe?  Will be ready Monday.

Read this post, called up my dealer. No recall on mine, got my 1000km service next weekend...

Was at the dealer yesterday trying to buy a 690, they had one in the back but were holding it until they complete a factory recall for the Cam sprocket bolts. Factory was requiring them (the dealer) to re-loctite the bolts. 

Just picked mine up today and the stealer said there was a recall just come in for the traction control. Cant switch mine off.

Does the 450 exc front fender and light fit the 19 690. Want to change to white up front. Too bling with fluorescent orange.

My first 2019 690R had this camshaft bolt issue- Rented trailer, crappy dealer, could not pick up plus they scratched the bike/etc- Long story short found another bike not affected in Boise- Loving it so far. Have a Wings exhaust in hand just havent installed yet..

KTM North America called me directly a few weeks ago and said that my new Enduro R needed to go back to the dealer. Dealer says they just have to LockTight the cam bolts. Hopefully that’s all it is.

I just called dealer and they said the lock tight issue was done prior to delivery. They do have a new mapping switch to fit. I have had trouble trying to turn the TC off

I am also having issues turning off traction control. I also have a check engine light that the dealer said is not registering on the scan tool....Dealer says they are waiting to hear from KTM but to keep riding....

New map switch fitted as recall. Now the TC works but the engine hit the rev limiter at 3/4 throttle
???

8 hours ago, Cookie 45 said:

New map switch fitted as recall. Now the TC works but the engine hit the rev limiter at 3/4 throttle
???

Hit the rev limiter once also at like 3/4 throttle in 300 miles of break-in riding, has not happened again though and the Map/TC switch has been working good. Knock on wood. 

On 5/5/2019 at 3:43 PM, Islandbouy said:

I am also having issues turning off traction control. I also have a check engine light that the dealer said is not registering on the scan tool....Dealer says they are waiting to hear from KTM but to keep riding....

Had my bike in for 1000KM service and Service manager says KTM hasn't figured out why my check engine light is staying on.  Service manager said to keep riding the bike, so I asked him what happens when the bike has a real issue and the check engine light is already on...Like WTF KTM figure it out. He also didn't do anything about my traction control issues. 

My traction control wasn't working when I got the bike. Started working around 300 miles. I have also deactivated the quick shifter because it interferes with the way I ride the bike. 

17 minutes ago, Renegademaster said:

My traction control wasn't working when I got the bike. Started working around 300 miles. I have also deactivated the quick shifter because it interferes with the way I ride the bike. 

Quickshifter is not as seamless and smooth as my 1290 bikes.  Would be nice if they could revise and upgrade the program a bit via dealer computer?

???

Bike is at dealer, as still hitting rev limiter at 3/4. Can easily get it to do it stationary. Dealer advised no errors etc once new map switch was fitted. Dealer now contacting KTM for direction - anyone else had this problem ?