Dust

2019 KTM 690 Enduro R Recall

Update.  Just wanted to add that after a short wait to get the engine checked by KTM they delivered it to me a couple days later.  I've had the bike now about a month and all is well and loving it.  Great light adventure bike as expected.  Cannot believe a single could be so smooth.  Don't even think about shifting into 6th until 65mph and completely happy at 75mph or more.  Fueling from the FI seems exceptional and getting about 50mpg.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, Cookie 45 said:

Bike is at dealer, as still hitting rev limiter at 3/4. Can easily get it to do it stationary. Dealer advised no errors etc once new map switch was fitted. Dealer now contacting KTM for direction - anyone else had this problem ?

Probably the quickshifter doing it. you can disable the quickshifter by taping up the microswitch under the clutch lever mount. i prefer to ride without it.

• Like 1

Is the micro switch on the 2019 model ? Can you post photo of this micro switch as the bike is at the dealer. Thanks

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 7:42 PM, Cookie 45 said:

Is the micro switch on the 2019 model ? Can you post photo of this micro switch as the bike is at the dealer. Thanks

There is a small pushrod inside the clutch lever housing which you need to fish out and keep safe incase you want to put it back together. I will be putting a switch on mine so it still works when I need it to.

2019-05-28 16.57.11.jpg

Edited by Renegademaster
  • Helpful 1

Nice switch - don’t know if that’s my problem with the rev limiter as bike is still at dealer waiting for direction from KTM factory on a fix.

Bike still at dealer for rev limiter problem - KTM factory looking at the faulty neutral switch telling the computer that it’s engage thus limiting revs at half to 3/4 throttle when riding. Anyone else experiencing this problem ?

Hi everyone 

can anyone confirm is there a recall on the traction control switch mine has stopped working also has anyone fitted the off road dongle will it keep the traction control switched off.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:14 AM, Islandbouy said:

Had my bike in for 1000KM service and Service manager says KTM hasn't figured out why my check engine light is staying on.  Service manager said to keep riding the bike, so I asked him what happens when the bike has a real issue and the check engine light is already on...Like WTF KTM figure it out. He also didn't do anything about my traction control issues. 

My bike is back in the shop since Wed.  KTM Canada and KTM USA have two bike that have this check engine light issue that they cant resolve.  The engineer from Austria will be dialing in on Tuesday to try and find a solution. So for me no riding until this issue is resolved. Apparently they are replacing the traction control module but I will believe it when I see it.  

On 6/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Sambarber said:

Hi everyone 

can anyone confirm is there a recall on the traction control switch mine has stopped working also has anyone fitted the off road dongle will it keep the traction control switched off.

Yes there is a recall on the TC, EXC 450 bar switch was used. Also I have fitted the dongle, turns the rear wheel abs off permanently but also saves your settings like TC off ABS off. I prefer to disconnect it until I'm using the bike off road. When you turn off traction control  you first have to ride at least 5 meters then stop, let the bike idle then press the TC button for more than 3 seconds.

To all KTM690 enduro R 2019 model owners - I need your help !
Has anyone had the rev limiter engage to early ? I can have my bike stationary and the engine hits the rev limiter at just over half to 3/4 throttle. Question : when if ever does you rev limiter engage ? My bike has been at KTM dealer for over a month with no solution

14 hours ago, Cookie 45 said:

To all KTM690 enduro R 2019 model owners - I need your help !
Has anyone had the rev limiter engage to early ? I can have my bike stationary and the engine hits the rev limiter at just over half to 3/4 throttle. Question : when if ever does you rev limiter engage ? My bike has been at KTM dealer for over a month with no solution

My 2019 KTM 690 enduro has been in the shop for three weeks for a separate issue (check engine light).  Are you in the US or Canada?  Today Austria engineers are dialing in for the third time.  I have no confidence in this bike and have asked for a replacement cause the dealer, ktm Canada, and Ktm Austria cant figure it out.  I will find out today.

36 minutes ago, Islandbouy said:

My 2019 KTM 690 enduro has been in the shop for three weeks for a separate issue (check engine light).  Are you in the US or Canada?  Today Austria engineers are dialing in for the third time.  I have no confidence in this bike and have asked for a replacement cause the dealer, ktm Canada, and Ktm Austria cant figure it out.  I will find out today.

Yowsa- My bike hit the rev limiter early once and nothing since- Hopefully they figure out your issue. 

Yowsa- My bike hit the rev limiter early once and nothing since- Hopefully they figure out your issue. 

Thanks Yowsa, update is I went to the dealer today did video of the rev limiter issue and will now send to KTM Australia. Frustrating when all I want to do is ride it !
  • Like 1

Mine has been perfect so far. It is only 18 days old, but so far not a single glitch. Smooth as can be, wouldn't know its a single with the power and smoothness. 

Mine has been perfect so far. It is only 18 days old, but so far not a single glitch. Smooth as can be, wouldn't know its a single with the power and smoothness. 

Mine was also faultless up to 1200km then the rev limiter problem started - will keep working with KTM Australia to solve it.

Would be great if I could post the video for all to see

• Like 1

New Switch to turn on and off the quickshifter
608140605_Inked2019-05-2921_09.54_LI.jpg.ecd5fc4649d7cb45a0bc98ab7930df5d.jpg

Any chance I could send you a link to the video of the rev limiter problem and you check if your 690 is the same or not ?

5 hours ago, Cookie 45 said:

Any chance I could send you a link to the video of the rev limiter problem and you check if your 690 is the same or not ?

Yes send it