GasGas in receivership?

According to my dealer GG is going back to the parent plant in Girona. They also will close their offices in Barcelona and have everything together in Girona and Salt (small City about 2mls from Girona). As they do this they want to disengage from Torrot Electrics and have allegedly issued an ERE so that they can dismiss some staff.

It also has been said that Torrot is still GG owner but will not in intervene in GG's business anymore. is all that true? I have no clue, its all by hearsay

https://www.diaridegirona.cat/economia/2019/04/02/gas-gas-salt-prepara-ero/972014.html

Use google translate.

Sales are down. After Torrot became owner GG seemed to be spending lots of money like they were before going bankrupt the first time. Lots of sponsored riders, new models, electric trials bike, Dakar teams. I guess all that money spent didn't help sales.

10 hours ago, slowmoto said:

Use google translate.

News story has references to 2016? Dated from 4Feb19 however. :confused:

Three years has lasted the tranquil·litat labor to the Gas Gas de Salt factory. The representatives of the treballadors have rebut the alert that the direction of the company is preparing an Expedient of Regulació d'Ocupació (ERO), of which in coneixeran the conditions from the setmana vinent. According to trade union organizations, Gas Gas has suffered from a fall in sales, which is difficult to reach the expected objectives. The Gasten motorcycle saltenca company, will arrive to have the production at any time during the spring of 2016. The motorcycle manufacturer Torrot will acquire Gas Gas the novembre of 2015. Of the three offers that it is they will present, the seva was the highest; of 9.66 million to acquire the brand of Salt -in liquidation of juliol- i ho acompanyava d'an investment of 13 million in three years per reflotar-la. To més, proposava subrogar contractes to 55 treballadors. The company is going to be one of those that is going to transpose the seu prosecutor from the procés i va passar from Salt to Saragossa. In that moment, for fa any i mig, comptava amb 130 treballadors. The maig de l'any passat goes to a fire apparatus, which according to the company has not affected the production. The canvi de domicili social is va dur a terme poc després to realize an investment of 16 milions d'euros in a new plant of Cadis, for which this investment is not going to Catalonia, the natural seu lloc. The creation of llocs de treball per 200 people is prior to the Andalusian province.

• Haha 1

Because of weak sales, GG wants to lay off workers and is notifying labor unions, who are raising a stink.

There is nothing about receivership or bankruptcy. GG is finishing a new factory in Cadiz.

Sources: Numerous Google news articles from Spain, via Google Translate

Edited by 2strokeYardSale
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 6:38 PM, shrubitup said:

News story has references to 2016? Dated from 4Feb19 however. :confused:

Three years has lasted the tranquil·litat labor to the Gas Gas de Salt factory. The representatives of the treballadors have rebut the alert that the direction of the company is preparing an Expedient of Regulació d'Ocupació (ERO), of which in coneixeran the conditions from the setmana vinent. According to trade union organizations, Gas Gas has suffered from a fall in sales, which is difficult to reach the expected objectives. The Gasten motorcycle saltenca company, will arrive to have the production at any time during the spring of 2016. The motorcycle manufacturer Torrot will acquire Gas Gas the novembre of 2015. Of the three offers that it is they will present, the seva was the highest; of 9.66 million to acquire the brand of Salt -in liquidation of juliol- i ho acompanyava d'an investment of 13 million in three years per reflotar-la. To més, proposava subrogar contractes to 55 treballadors. The company is going to be one of those that is going to transpose the seu prosecutor from the procés i va passar from Salt to Saragossa. In that moment, for fa any i mig, comptava amb 130 treballadors. The maig de l'any passat goes to a fire apparatus, which according to the company has not affected the production. The canvi de domicili social is va dur a terme poc després to realize an investment of 16 milions d'euros in a new plant of Cadis, for which this investment is not going to Catalonia, the natural seu lloc. The creation of llocs de treball per 200 people is prior to the Andalusian province.

Holy majolly! I am not a native speaker but wtf is that? Mumbo-jumbo?

Edited by William1
Foul language-Next time an infraction
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SS109 said:

The reason GG sales suck are because of threads like this. Lots of hearsay/speculation, and no facts, can really hurt a brands chances.

Which is all part of the plan, perhaps?

Disgruntled fanboys of the company that partnered with an Indian manufacturer and produced some real trash and is now partnering with a Chinese manufacturer. Or fanboys of another small Euro brand that produces similar bikes for similar markets but always has quality control problems.

• Like 2

It's interesting how some/most of the internet rumors early this year turned out to be true. That they are in financial trouble again and new models are not shipping.

During the first bankruptcy, many rumors were true including KTM buyout offer.

Next warning sign to look out for is when sponsored GG riders start switching brands.

You dont need to have an MBA to see that things are not going well at Gas Gas.   No 200s, no GP bikes, no Rangers, no more bikes coming to Canada at all....  the list goes on and on.    A company that was financially sound would not be having these issues.   

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to GasGas in receivership?
20 hours ago, ScottyR said:

You dont need to have an MBA to see that things are not going well at Gas Gas.   No 200s, no GP bikes, no Rangers, no more bikes coming to Canada at all....  the list goes on and on.    A company that was financially sound would not be having these issues.   

Production of the Ranger starts around 22nd of April.

I really feel for the dealers and the NA employees, they are some good people. But, I sure am glad I sold mine.

Ugh. ?

Love my Gasser. Don't plan on selling it any time soon. Please stop with the negativity. (I swear TT can be the most negative place at times) Let things play out instead of spreading BS that has no evidence to back it up. Torrot took over and I'm sure they are having to learn a lot about the dirt bike biz. Not everything is going to run smooth from the get go. I think some of you would just love to see GG go under just so you can say "I told you so". Give them a chance to really get things going before tearing them down for some setbacks.

• Like 4

Some news! 

Torrot/GASGAS has now submitted the Employee Reduction Plan (ERE). Due to the lower sales as a result of the fire at the plant in 2018, 24 of the 116 employees are to be laid off.
16 from the Torrot department (electro mobility) and 8 from the GASGAS Sport Vehicles department.
3 dates have now been agreed upon on which the plans for this concept will be negotiated. It is mainly about whether these dismissals are justified, whether the economic situation makes it necessary, and so on.

At the moment, however, the production of GASGAS new vehicles is proceeding exactly according to plan. More TXT-GP were built last week, and at the end of the month the Ranger models will be produced, also in sufficient quantity. 

Since the spare parts warehouse is currently being integrated back into the Salt plant, there is always a slightly longer delivery time for some products. Since this was foreseeable, however, the dealers could or should have stocked themselves with sufficient goods. Those who have not done so must live with not being able to supply their customers as usual.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Like 2