2013 ktm 250xc fork question

Has anyone had the fork cap break off the closed chamber, ant suggestions on a fix.IMG_0001.JPG

Has anyone had the fork cap break off the closed chamber, ant suggestions on a fix.IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.914ad4f5a889eadd404fc5583dd005b4.JPG

Holy crap I've never seen that happen before. Do you know what did it? I'd recommend replacing the entire part version fixing... Suspension is no place to try and rig something up.

Holy crap I've never seen that happen before. Do you know what did it? I'd recommend replacing the entire part version fixing... Suspension is no place to try and rig something up.

No clue just noticed it leaking on my post ride inspection. It’s a revised part number so I was thinking it may have been a common issue, with a redesign.

No clue just noticed it leaking on my post ride inspection. It’s a revised part number so I was thinking it may have been a common issue, with a redesign.
Seen 2 on here over the last few years
  • Like 1

I had the same thing happen. Cap sheared right off when I was trying to open it. I was told at some point someone had likely tried adjusting it without loosening the top clamp. You’ll need to replace the whole ‘membrane holder’. I found a used one at a suspension shop for a good price - just need the upper part, it separates from the lower portion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like someone used a tool with serrated jaws, like pliars or Channel Locks on it, or a vise.

Edited by Trailryder42

I had the same thing happen. Cap sheared right off when I was trying to open it. I was told at some point someone had likely tried adjusting it without loosening the top clamp. You’ll need to replace the whole ‘membrane holder’. I found a used one at a suspension shop for a good price - just need the upper part, it separates from the lower portion.

Thank you. Much appreciated

Damage was already done, I had to hang the cap in a vise so the weight or the fork to allow it to be taken off, otherwise it just spins and would not come off.

Damage was already done, I had to hang the cap in a vise so the weight or the fork to allow it to be taken off, otherwise it just spins and would not come off.
I agree with someone else that said the top triple clamp was probably still torqued down when someone went to remove the top cap.

Made some progress tonight and got the bladder out and began assembling the new part. Replaced the valve rod with an O ring on the seal to slide it into the tube. I should be able to finish up tomorrow evening. Any further tips are welcome.