Sign in to follow this  

2015 EXC-F 250 Dashboard issues

Hello, before creating a new topic, I did a search without success. My 2015 EXC-F 250's dashboard is not fully working, when I bought the bike (used) I noticed that the dashboard came on upon starting the bike, but I never noticed it never tracked speed or nothing; the troubleshooting started by checking the wiring from the power but since it turned on upon starting the bike, that was checked off; next I replaced the battery in the module, checked off but still no solution; after consultation I was told that the cable/sensor tends to fail in KTMs so I replaced the entire cable and wheel magnet; it didn't work, so before having to replace the module, can I get more suggestions on possible solutions? thanks.

My 350 just did the same thing and it was the battery . Are you sure you removed the little plastic sticky thingy from the battery? If you don't look for it , it looks like part of the battery.

Sometimes those speedo batteries need to have a thin shim place behind them so they make better and more consistent contact. Give it a try, the shim does not need to be very thick.

Several people on this forum have solved battery issues just by shimming.

replace the module, about $135 online

your issue is not battery related, and you already replaced the wiring cable and speedo magnet

4 hours ago, travertt said:

Sometimes those speedo batteries need to have a thin shim place behind them so they make better and more consistent contact. Give it a try, the shim does not need to be very thick.

Several people on this forum have solved battery issues just by shimming.

Done that, the battery is working, but once you crank the bike then the big battery takes over, but after a few second the module turns dark, like in stand by. Thinks is the module now. thanks

3 hours ago, Spud786 said:

replace the module, about $135 online

your issue is not battery related, and you already replaced the wiring cable and speedo magnet

perhaps an upgrade? what do you recommend

1 minute ago, Malayola said:

Done that, the battery is working, but once you crank the bike then the big battery takes over, but after a few second the module turns dark, like in stand by. Thinks is the module now. thanks

perhaps an upgrade? what do you recommend

I know people who had the oem fail and lost all the info, and thought they'd upgraded to something better and it failed and lost all their info. Then went right back to oem.

Can you get a better one, for $135?  Me Id just get a new oem.

Just now, Spud786 said:

I know people who had the oem fail and lost all the info, and thought they'd upgraded to something better and it failed and lost all their info. Then went right back to oem.

Can you get a better one, for $135?  Me Id just get a new oem.

Will do, thank you.

Could it be that the speedometer cable is connected to the wrong port? The part's drawing shows four connector port, two large and two small ones; maybe that's the problem?

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-10 a la(s) 21.04.55.png

8 hours ago, Malayola said:

the battery is working, but once you crank the bike then the big battery takes over,

No, the big battery never takes over, except that it feeds the backlight. Speedo, odo, and clock are always fed by the internal battery.

• Like 1