What is the dealer supposed to give me with a new FE?

I am traveling ~7 hours Saturday to buy a new FE450. It is a new leftover 17.  My questions is, what is supposed to come with a new Husqvarna? Do I get one key or two? Owner's manual? toolkit? Swedish to English dictionary?

With the dealer being far away, and this bike having sat in the showroom for 2 years, and this dealer specializing in jet skis and boats, I am a little worried I wont get everything I am supposed to. Tried to search, but did not seem to find anything. 

Should be 2 keys.  Owners manual should be in a pouch along with a few other pieces of paper (accessories brochures, etc...).  Should have a small tool kit with it, see the "accessories" tab in the chassis section of the microfiche for what should be in the tool kit.

When I would do an assembly for the KTMs back when I would also be nice and put the bolts for the levers back in the stock documentation bag after putting the OEM handguards on the bike.

If the dealer is as you say, they may have lost some of this stuff...

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Try to get the bolts to remove OEM handguards/remove mirrors, and the shorter bolt which returns the kickstand to normal (unless you like the auto retract feature). There's also a more aggressive throttle cam.

Nice call. Yes, that throttle cam. My stock one was disgustingly soft.... I think they had too many people complain about how powerful their 501 bikes were... 

1 hour ago, Turtle Bite said:

I am traveling ~7 hours Saturday to buy a new FE450. It is a new leftover 17.  My questions is, what is supposed to come with a new Husqvarna? Do I get one key or two? Owner's manual? toolkit? Swedish to English dictionary?

With the dealer being far away, and this bike having sat in the showroom for 2 years, and this dealer specializing in jet skis and boats, I am a little worried I wont get everything I am supposed to. Tried to search, but did not seem to find anything. 

Along with what everyone else said...

A picture with you and the shiny new bike.  These things are so much fun, this is the last time the two of you will be this clean, in the same picture.  :cheers:

With the '18 250FE we purchased it came with a pouch that had the owners manual, tool set, and a bag which contained the pivot bolts for the brake and clutch lever for when you remove the factory hand guard along with the rubber "boot" that would cover the lever/perch, 1/4 turn throttle cam for odi grips, replacement bolt to eliminate the spring loaded kick stand, plugs to cap off your fuel lines when removing the tank and a couple of miscellaneous spare bolts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spaceboy said:

With the '18 250FE we purchased it came with a pouch that had the owners manual, tool set, and a bag which contained the pivot bolts for the brake and clutch lever for when you remove the factory hand guard along with the rubber "boot" that would cover the lever/perch, 1/4 turn throttle cam for odi grips, replacement bolt to eliminate the spring loaded kick stand, plugs to cap off your fuel lines when removing the tank and a couple of miscellaneous spare bolts. 

This is what I received too, first thing is replace the kick stand bolt otherwise it folds up if you take weight off the bike, with the replacement bolt it will click down like a normal stand

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Nice call. Yes, that throttle cam. My stock one was disgustingly soft.... I think they had too many people complain about how powerful their 501 bikes were... 

Actually it was for emission as a sound test happens at part throttle. If the throttle opens slowly then noise is lower thus passes thru customs!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, Turtle Bite said:

Ha, you must be heading to ID? I almost put a deposit down a couple weeks ago on that machine. It's my understanding that the bike is still in the crate and not on the floor.

21 hours ago, Eldon said:

Ha, you must be heading to ID? I almost put a deposit down a couple weeks ago on that machine. It's my understanding that the bike is still in the crate and not on the floor.

Ding ding ding. I did put a deposit down, so they are assembling today. My local dealer, JMC, told me that they can do transfer's between dealers, but the releasing dealer has to voluntarily give it up. They were willing to price match any written quotes, but there were only a handful of 2017 FE450 in the state. With all the rebates, it is still much cheaper than a 19 with no setup, no freight, and several hundred off MSRP. That helped get me off the fence, as my last KTM experience was kind of mediocre from a durability standpoint, and my $2500 honda 450x has delivered many years of service. Crossing my fingers this one will be better.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turtle Bite said:

Ding ding ding. I did put a deposit down, so they are assembling today. My local dealer, JMC, told me that they can do transfer's between dealers, but the releasing dealer has to voluntarily give it up. They were willing to price match any written quotes, but there were only a handful of 2017 FE450 in the state. With all the rebates, it is still much cheaper than a 19 with no setup, no freight, and several hundred off MSRP. That helped get me off the fence, as my last KTM experience was kind of mediocre from a durability standpoint, and my $2500 honda 450x has delivered many years of service. Crossing my fingers this one will be better.    

Better have been $1,000's off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weantright said:

Better have been $1,000's off.

It was definitely a great deal. I was about to drive the 12hr round-trip myself before I was offered a good deal on a 2018 FE501 with 24 miles I had set up last year for a close friend.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, Eldon said:

It was definitely a great deal. I was about to drive the 12hr round-trip myself before I was offered a good deal on a 2018 FE501 with 24 miles I had set up last year for a close friend.

I thought it was a good deal considering people are asking 7500 to 8500 used, and this one was less than 8400 with all the fees. They were good to deal with. Said they over-ordered, and had people drive from Everett and Seattle to buy the other ones. 

There is actually a packlist that has everything that comes in the crate. I had everything, which was sweet. 

• Like 3