NaCltK9

GPX nc250 crate motor

Wondering if anyone has actually purchased and fit an nc250 motor into an existing frame. The reason I'm inquiring is because i have a 2007 CRF250R roller in need of an engine. The nc250 with e-start and EFI is looking like it'll fit the bill. The engine schematic diagram with all the measurements looks like its about an inch too long from swingarm mount to front mount to use the stock mounting tabs though.

The main problem I ran into was the balance shaft on the nc250.  It is in front of the crank and makes the cases bigger in the front.  For instance, the nc250 does not even come close to fitting into a sxf250 frame.  I can't comment specifically on a crf250 frame, but I imagine it will be a similar problem.

I have an empty set of cases that I use for mock up.  What measurements would you like?

Sweet! Looking for rear mount to front mount distance (center of hole to center of hole), front and rear mount width, bottom mount width, and if possible the distance from bottom mount to top of cylinder head. How'd you get a hold of the cases? That would seriously come in handy for mock ups!