Random California picture thread related to motorcycles

3 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

All kidding aside...  is that just a google grab...  or your animal ?

That is Rock Creek Pack Station and just one of the many beasts they have, The mules are used for packing and they have horses for the packer and guided rides.

Edited by T.T. Rider
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, T.T. Rider said:

That is Rock Creek Pack Station and just one of the many beasts they have, The mules are used for packing and they have horses for the packer and guided rides.

More Rock Creek area plus Ruby lake

25CE006D-92E8-467F-803D-1CBC36A067EB.jpeg

72C6C0A6-5939-45A6-83B8-FD4742CC33C6.jpeg

0FB517E8-129B-4958-8EF0-7B121AE9C52F.jpeg

76592197-6D78-4D95-B8BB-273E6EE6EFB8.jpeg

• Like 5

I have jeeped the area quite a bit but will take my bike this year, Don't know but guessing the Bishop ride does Wheeler Ridge and that would take you up above Rock Creek to about 11,000 feet near Mt Tom. ?

Edited by T.T. Rider
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

Social distancing ahundred feet8EA213A4-36E0-4471-AB27-2E9FFE1ED8C4.thumb.jpeg.a02e68e941ac65cfd9af0116f22d2803.jpeg

Damn that is sick. I always wanted to fly a 100' boom. Is that really a 100' working height?

I send the rookie people up with a chainsaw and have them start up the saw once they are maxed out. We only have 55'ers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheW0LF said:

Damn that is sick. I always wanted to fly a 100' boom. Is that really a 100' working height?

I send the rookie people up with a chainsaw and have them start up the saw once they are maxed out. We only have 55'ers.

That’s a 100footer senor, we have some new terex 115 footers now too

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

I’m scared of heights but I felt it was time to see what it feels like to go up that high

Most people aren't comfortable with "heights". Even seasoned vets get moments of anxiety up in the bucket, myself included. 

I always tell green horns the same thing "once you're in the bucket it's no different than having your feet on the ground. The ground is just up there." 

It's a lot fun being up there. It's similar to being on the bike. When you're operating the machine nothing else matters.

2 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

Most people aren't comfortable with "heights". Even seasoned vets get moments of anxiety up in the bucket, myself included. 

I always tell green horns the same thing "once you're in the bucket it's no different than having your feet on the ground. The ground is just up there." 

It's a lot fun being up there. It's similar to being on the bike. When you're operating the machine nothing else matters.

I know a couple guys who used to work with you. They told me you also said "what happens in the bucket, stays in the bucket" as well as "keep your feet on my shoulders".

For some reason they usually tear up while telling me... What is it you all do again?

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

I like the Terex machines. We have two of the early 00's telescoping boom trucks with no outriggers. Great trucks with minimal problems. 

115 is awesome. Can't imagine they move very fast. Are they telescoping? I see the bucket you flew has an over-under boom. I see a lot of the booms in the last 5 years or so are sidexside. Which design is more reliable in your experience? We have both, but I've always preferred over-under. 

3 minutes ago, BigBob's Daddy said:

I know a couple guys who used to work with you. They told me you also said "what happens in the bucket, stays in the bucket" as well as "keep your feet on my shoulders".

For some reason they usually tear up while telling me... What is it you all do again?

I work at Starbucks

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tremendous Trail Rider said:

We fly a 197' for working the 500KV energize, pretty cool to draw an arc over a foot long when you bond on the conductor.

• Like 4

• Ud_Luz locked this topic
  • Ud_Luz unpinned this topic