SteveThe Snakes

california Random California picture thread related to motorcycles

52 minutes ago, Gflo said:

They are naturally curious.  Mine are constantly watching me when I’m outside.  Mostly, it’s them wanting food.

A buddy that has horses in the family for generations told me they're the level of really dumb dogs...  ?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gflo said:

They are naturally curious.  Mine are constantly watching me when I’m outside.  Mostly, it’s them wanting food.

I was going to pet him but I thought maybe he would think my hand tasted good. 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

I was going to pet him but I thought maybe he would think my hand tasted good. 😳

Bring an apple or carrot with you next time  . 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T.T. Rider said:

Bring an apple or carrot with you next time  . 👍

That's real...  you aren't just being racist ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

That's real...  you aren't just being racist ?

Real

33497E5A-02A0-4451-BD00-CF9B8C4F2773.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Thats a beautiful animal...  Mule ? 

Yes  rock creek pack station stock  we always bring apples and make lots of freinds 😂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Doctor Shakalu Rotazion said:

Dumb law and Anti American. I am a rugged individualist exercising my Gawd given rights of dominion and manifest destiny by foraging the landscape for subsistence. How Dare You. 

I prefer raping and pillaging of the landscape...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, T.T. Rider said:

We do some ridding in the sierra every year. 

E8EFC769-C2A8-4B6E-9754-4F0E8A7AAABA.jpeg

2BC61334-3315-4DC0-A48B-6BB1420C73D8.jpeg

That’s beautiful country.  Nothing much better than riding a fine horse through country like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

A buddy that has horses in the family for generations told me they're the level of really dumb dogs...  ?????

@Gflo @T.T. Rider   I meant that as a question to you guys...  kinda looks like a statement re-reading it.  Thanks

7 minutes ago, Gflo said:

That’s beautiful country.  Nothing much better than riding a fine horse through country like that.

Yes, we have been exploring the eastern Sierra for almost 50 years, that is Rock Creek above Toms place. As good as it gets in Ca.

2A9805C8-ABEC-403F-A715-5DFF7B0A2E4F.jpeg

7608E7D9-7DE2-427E-97F5-91762B143C8C.jpeg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

@Gflo @T.T. Rider   I meant that as a question to you guys...  kinda looks like a statement re-reading it.  Thanks

I’m a part time rider and shoot they seem smarter than me at times. GFlo is a cowboy I hear though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 00boob said:

Maybe got stolen (er LIBERATED) from some Chinese opium den. Almost looks like Jade but probably just well used soap stone. Hows it taste?

Chicken

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I don’t think they are really stupid, like cows or sheep.  They are fairly trainable, some to a high degree.  They have a huge sense of fight or flight, mostly flight.  I am often surprised at what will cause them to spook.  I had one out the other day who wouldn’t go by a propane tank that she hadn’t seen before.  I guess I would put them on par with a dog.  And as T.T. rider said, sometimes they surprise me with their intelligence.  But that doesn’t happen too often.  I will have to say that I’ve met people that are dumber than my horses.

11 hours ago, T.T. Rider said:

I’m a part time rider and shoot they seem smarter than me at times. GFlo is a cowboy I hear though.

I am no cowboy by any stretch of the imagination.  We had a horse as a kid, and after getting married, we bought a house in a more rural area of San Diego County where we had horses.  At one point, my wife left her career in the finance field and became a trainer, instructor, and competitor.  Had 13 at our place at one time.  The kids all got into it also.  I just rode recreationally.  But as land closed down, I rode less and less.  Then I retired and moved into a community with 50+ miles of really nice trails and brought two up with me.  I just trail ride and enjoy the sights and solitude.

097C7ECE-7D61-4348-AF0E-35B64E2306A5.jpeg

Edited by Gflo
  • Like 12

Sunday was a funday of super social distancing (240 smiles), and found some new stuff

BC135B88-B9B1-4470-AC2E-114CBCD99DF3.jpeg

177A2290-8001-4FA9-B787-9A1FFBF81F95.jpeg

92CEF311-4753-4F6D-A78B-9353A75FCF61.jpeg

57E46AA6-CE4A-4187-BC9C-BDD63E8D3934.jpeg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

Location???

130 miles southeast of Santa Cruz. There was an old (previous) cut fence involved...not private land, so no panties got twisted. If I told ya I’d have to kill ya. If I showed ya I’d have to bury you up there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bajabinder said:

130 miles southeast of Santa Cruz. There was an old (previous) cut fence involved...not private land, so no panties got twisted. If I told ya I’d have to kill ya. If I showed ya I’d have to bury you up there. 

I have many such destinations... i can dig it...we own everything within a 2.5 mile radius of the balloon in the second image.

02162020(2).jpg

Screenshot_20200531-132429_Maps.jpg

02162020.jpg

Big bell Mine @ Chloride City.jpg

Edited by El Extremo
  • Like 4