Jump to content
SteveThe Snakes

california Random California picture thread related to motorcycles

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bizzidy said:

Riding with my brother. 8500 feet

D73476AF-F9CB-4183-AEED-423DB12157EC.jpeg

610DD6B4-7D71-4372-9C38-BBD518E71A74.jpeg

6383DDAD-D685-470A-9DE9-C3B00965955A.jpeg

003921A4-907A-4619-8DC6-E348252A6BE8.jpeg

Beautiful.  Where is that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gflo said:

Beautiful.  Where is that?

Near Lake Tahoe. Tamarack and Blue Lakes area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bizzidy said:

Near Lake Tahoe. Tamarack and Blue Lakes area. 

Nice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Homicide Hornet said:

So is my oven. :shocked:

I lived in Palm Springs where the humidity is high from all the irrigation. I also lived in Miami Florida and have traveled Central and South America.

The heat in the Mojave, even in Death Valley, doesn't bug me at all. But that humid heat is a killer...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After growing up in the skeeter-ville of the midwest...  And then dealing with NPB, HB gloom for 30+ years...  I'll take high desert 80F and 360 beautiful clear blue skys each year no problem.  Couldn't do Palm Springs...  but up here is pretty fine.  Even get some winters.

RIP little Danny !

1644850048_20191128_1258232.jpg.381eb7921ed56c585f9b77fe0e7d7ca9.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

After growing up in the skeeter-ville of the midwest...  And then dealing with NPB, HB gloom for 30+ years...  I'll take high desert 80F and 360 beautiful clear blue skys each year no problem.  Couldn't do Palm Springs...  but up here is pretty fine.  Even get some winters.

RIP little Danny !

1644850048_20191128_1258232.jpg.381eb7921ed56c585f9b77fe0e7d7ca9.jpg

Jeffe, we all know the 10 month summer is unbearable up in your neck of the woods. Don’t try to advertise your misery 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

After growing up in the skeeter-ville of the midwest...  And then dealing with NPB, HB gloom for 30+ years...  I'll take high desert 80F and 360 beautiful clear blue skys each year no problem.  Couldn't do Palm Springs...  but up here is pretty fine.  Even get some winters.

RIP little Danny !

1644850048_20191128_1258232.jpg.381eb7921ed56c585f9b77fe0e7d7ca9.jpg

Comin off that 125 mile ride North from Hesperia into Atolia - using only dirt roads - then heading NW towards Old Mojave Road, through Rand Mountain and into Randsburg, the air hitting you is downright hot.

If you walk into "The Joint" in Randsburg, the last seat at the bar is right in front of the evaporative cooler. It is at this seat where i have drank the best tasting and coldest beer on earth. Holly is a really nice bartender. Ask her for a Mojave Red.

Holly is visible in the 3rd photo just over me right shoulder, facing away from the camera. 

Just south of the bar - in the alleyway - is an old Bultaco. At the end of this alley, marked by a semi-circle of straw bales, is a little mom & pop burger joint with a 100 year old soda fountain. Brandy makes an awesome pulled pork sandwich. The Death Valley root beer is a personal favorite. 

One of my favorite stops and one of the only ones on my 155 mile all-dirt rides from Randsburg into Death Valley...

20200620_152902.jpg

received_257514222198603.jpeg

received_2968213539941165.jpeg

received_268253017742831.jpeg

Edited by El Extremo
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my desert explorations, i always enjoy taking a dump in this 100 year old shitter north of Atolia, on an old mining claim...careful not to slide off that seat though...😀

 

received_283557066169566.jpeg

Edited by El Extremo
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a case of dynamite - about half full of sticks, still wrapped in wax paper - down a mineshaft, at around the 300 foot level...This is actually a very common find...

 

 

received_296555618060440.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Extremo said:

Comin off that 125 mile ride North from Hesperia into Atolia - using only dirt roads - then heading NW towards Old Mojave Road, through Rand Mountain and into Randsburg, the air hitting you is downright hot.

If you walk into "The Joint" in Randsburg, the last seat at the bar is right in front of the evaporative cooler. It is at this seat where i have drank the best tasting and coldest beer on earth. Holly is a really nice bartender. Ask her for a Mojave Red.

Holly is visible in the 3rd photo just over me right shoulder, facing away from the camera. 

Just south of the bar - in the alleyway - is an old Bultaco. At the end of this alley, marked by a semi-circle of straw bales, is a little mom & pop burger joint with a 100 year old soda fountain. Brandy makes an awesome pulled pork sandwich. The Death Valley root beer is a personal favorite. 

One of my favorite stops and one of the only ones on my 155 mile all-dirt rides from Randsburg into Death Valley...

20200620_152902.jpg

received_257514222198603.jpeg

received_2968213539941165.jpeg

received_268253017742831.jpeg

Excellent local info. Added Randsburg to my list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

Found a case of dynamite - about half full of sticks, still wrapped in wax paper - down a mineshaft, at around the 300 foot level...This is actually a very common find...

 

 

received_296555618060440.jpeg

I found the same in a mine shaft in Nevada from the same Hercules Powder Co . Which I think is way cool since Hercules is the City my town backs up to . I used to play in the old powder factory after it was decommissioned. One time we found an old 65 or 66 Chevy flat bed that was left by the factory . We some how got it to run and decided it was a good idea to ram through all the locked gates and got into big trouble  .lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

Found a case of dynamite - about half full of sticks, still wrapped in wax paper - down a mineshaft, at around the 300 foot level...This is actually a very common find...

 

 

received_296555618060440.jpeg

Give it to @mitchb he is the current technical explosive ordinance expert here on Thumpertalk. 🕰🔌🔥🤕🚑

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Extremo said:

On my desert explirations, i always enjoy taking a dump in this 100 year old shitter north of Atolia, on an old mining claim...careful not to slide off that seat though...😀

 

received_283557066169566.jpeg

Awesome pictures. Careful not to lean back when taking a dumper. If the splinters dont get you those old timbers will break and your ass will end up in hundred year old cowboy beer piss. Stuff is probably still potent

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doctor Impostor said:

Excellent local info. Added Randsburg to my list. 

just do not go in summer...good riding out there,ktm used to do photo shoots out there, there's even a parking lot in town for off-road vehicles

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dirkarider said:

just do not go in summer...good riding out there,ktm used to do photo shoots out there, there's even a parking lot in town for off-road vehicles

It used to be that extreme caution was needed riding in the area, open shafts all over.  Years later I wonder why my dad took us there, I would not have taken my kids. Hmm on second thought. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Give it to @mitchb he is the current technical explosive ordinance expert here on Thumpertalk. 🕰🔌🔥🤕🚑

 

That was my one of my jobs in the Navy...i don't disturb unstable ordnance.

Edited by El Extremo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...