LEDs for Stock Turn Signals

Has anyone replaced their stock turn signal bulbs with LEDs? If so, what did you use? (Not the whole signal fixture, just the bulb)?

I replaced all my bulbs except the headlight with LEDs in the stock housing. 

Bike is in storage but I'll try to remember to check it out. Soon, if no one else answers.

Here is a quote from a previous post of mine in "What did you do to your CRF"

I added some LEDs to my bike.

I did the front running/turn, rear turn and tail/brake lights. I used some resistors I had lying around on the rear tail light to dim it so the brake light was more noticeable. I also added a LED Brake Light Strobe Module, it will flash 3 quick, 3 slow then stay on solid until you release the brake. I used a 3 post LED relay and a pigtail that I added small spade connectors to, to go from the relay to the stock turn signal harness. Sorry no pics of this, but it tucked up nicely into the factory spot.

Napa part #s

front turn/running=7358798  =528 lumens

rear turn=7358795  =528 lumens

LED relay=EL-11L1

relay pigtail=LS6479

tail/brake=7351017  =720 lumens

From amazon

module=GS-100A

Stock 21w/5w bulbs for front turn and rear brake are about 440 lumens. The LEDs i used are almost as bright on the running light circuit as stock bulbs were when on turn or stop.

As a standard bulb option you could use some 2397 bulbs to replace the front turn and rear brake light with. They are the same lumens on the running light side but 503 lumens on the turn and brake side. 1156 and 1157 are 402 lumens on the brighter circuit.

I know that comparing LED and standard bulbs by lumens isn't and exact match but these are numbers I pulled off the internet in my researching light bulb options. Been looking for awhile as I have another bike that takes the same running/turn signal bulbs. These lumens numbers are from good sources so they should be close enough for "Government Work"!!!

I did the LEDs to save amps so later I can use those extra amps in the Head light and or aux driving lights.

Here is a pic of the front, one is LED and one is stock bulb. Both are on the running lights. The turn is even brighter.

IMG_20160505_122450258_HDR.jpg.53625aba69743608bf8e9e5abd114a3b.jpg

Edited by RudeJeepin

Thanks for the info RudeJeepin.  Did the LED's you used look something like these?

s-l1600.jpg

i don't remember from when I took mine off but, do the stock signal housings have reflectors in them? if not, most of those LEDs on those particular models are just making heat. if there's no reflector then something with one side of leds would be more efficient. of course, if it's got a reflector, those are definitely doing their job.