1. KTM…34%
2. Yamaha…30%
3. Honda…14%
4. Husqvarna…10%
5. TM…5%
6. Other brands…3%
6. Suzuki…3%
8. Kawasaki…1%

https://motocrossactionmag.com/rem-glen-helen-race-report-two-strokes-out-in-force-but-is-the-force-with-them/

Edited by redrider144
  • Confused 1

Ktm with those white ones make up almost half the field 

People buy those blue bikes for the forks I just don't understand what the big deal is... If everyone else says its so good then it must be? Or does the peoples just like to parrot?

Edited by The Creature
  • Like 1

People buy those blue bikes for the forks I just don't understand what the big deal is... If everyone else says its so good then it must be? Or does the peoples just like to parrot?
Yamaha's are the best bang for the buck and cost of ownership is low. Parts are easy to find new or used and the bikes are stone reliable. I've read the Yamaha is a little down on power compared to the KTM but performance is still good enough to be competitive. I'm not biased or anything [emoji16]
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, The Creature said:

Most results at that level is rider performance. KTM right now is what yamys were when Jeremy raced them. Give it few years another brand will be more popular. GE electric 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mog said:
12 hours ago, KableXL said:
Fixed:
BREAKDOWN BY MOTORCYCLE BRAND AT REM:
1. KTM…44%
2. Yamaha…30%
3. Honda…14%
4. TM…5%
5. Other brands…3%
6. Suzuki…3%
7. Kawasaki…1%

Given that ktm and Yamaha are the main players is this a non post?

No!   13 year old design Yamahas dominate brand new design HSQs 3 to 1!

You don't think that's significant?!?!?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mog said:

Not really ,they have been on sale for like 30 years ,I bet a lot exist and people looking for a place to race them

I think your adding 2+2 to make 22

Dudes were at Glen Helen on two strokes that day, getting practice in for the following week World Two Stroke MX championship.

This wasn't some random day where there just happened to be a bunch of 30 year old YZs on the track.

Dudes aren't riding 30 year old YZs at the 2T World Championship.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

Dudes were at Glen Helen on two strokes that day, getting practice in for the following week World Two Stroke MX championship.
This wasn't some random day where there just happened to be a bunch of 30 year old YZs on the track.
Ok let's follow your line of reasoning ,the 2006 is better than a 2019 TC 250 ,do you believe that ?
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, mog said:
1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Read more  

Ok let's follow your line of reasoning ,the 2006 is better than a 2019 TC 250 ,do you believe that ?

At least 30% of the racers there that day believe it, apparently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

No!   13 year old design Yamahas dominate brand new design HSQs 3 to 1!

You don't think that's significant?!?!?!

I think the rider had all to do with it. I know riders that would smoke most guys on a vintage ossa. 

Maybe like in lorretta Lynn they get support ? I don't know the answer,but you would not get me racing a yz 125 Vs the sx 125 , and the 250sx has the counter balancer where the yz feels like a cement mixer ...
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mog said:

Maybe like in lorretta Lynn they get support ? I don't know the answer,but you would not get me racing a yz 125 Vs the sx 125 , and the 250sx has the counter balancer where the yz feels like a cement mixer ...

Hmm.  I wasn't thinking 125s... they didn't break it down like that.   Yeah a YZ125 is way down on power.

26 minutes ago, mog said:

Bike doesnt make you faster. I'd rather run a yz 125. Better suspension and more useable power.

It's the rider not the bike.