'84 XT250 exhaust question

Hey guys, I'm new to riding and recently picked up a 1984 Yamaha XT250. I'm interested in finding a different exhaust for it. Seeing as I can't find anyone that makes a specific slip on for it I was wondering if anyone has had luck with finding something that will fit this bike. Is there a "universal" muffler that someone has had experience with fitting or is there another model that runs a similar enough exhaust to get that kit? (Kinda wondering if a FMF Powercore 4 intended for an '87 TW200 would fit as they make one specific for that rig) I'm open to any ideas, would just like to get a better sound and give the bike a bit of an updated look. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Xt350 stuff should work

Just got notification of your comment and I was literally just looking into that! Lol xt250 and xt350 shared the same pipes and mufflers by part number. So now it's a hunt for options for an xt350. So far the option I've found seems to be a DG V2 slip-on 071-4350.

Here's a picture of the bike I picked up. Also found out that a SuperTrapp IDS2 slip-on would fit. Anyone have experience with that or the DG V2 series? Are they too loud or can they be tolerable when the right baffles are used?IMG_20180525_145153583.jpeg

• Like 1

Yea the 84 250 is the only year of that model in NA.....the DOHC ...in 85 the same engine layout became the 350..the 250 dohc model was sold in other markets for a long time