Drz400E overflow leak.

IMG_1394.JPG

Hey guys, so my new to me drz400e was out of gas so I filled the tank up and the overflow tube just started draining all the gas out like crazy. I’m not too familiar with these fcr carbs so I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to fix it? I tried searching but I couldn’t find anything DRZ400E specific. Thanks in advance!

Float valve stuck open for sure

• Like 1

Sometimes if you tap the float bowl with a screwdriver handle it will unstuck  float valve . What I would do to fix problem is shut fuel petcock at tank off then drain carb by removing drain bolt at bottom of float bowl . Then remove fuel line from gas petcock, re install drain bolt and fill carb thru fuel line with SEAFOAM and let sit overnight or a day or 2 . Then drain carb,by removing drain bolt, re install drain bolt and fuel line turn petcock on check for leak and ride . Or you can pull carb off buy rebuild kit with float valve, disassemble carb clean and put new parts on check float height and re assemble .

• Like 2

Thanks guys, do you guys know how to do it? I’m not familiar with these carbs and how to open them

Hardest part of Job is getting carb off bike, check youtube the carb is a KEIHIN FCR39H for disassembly.

Thanks I’ll look for that!

Did you turn petcock back to run from reserve?

Yeah it made no change. I know my Petcock is bad because it let’s fuel out on off position
  • Like 1