19 husqvarna tx 300

I had about a month long hiatus because I got a new mtb, been getting in about 70 miles per week. Anyway took the 300 out Saturday and didnt even check the air pressure in the forks. It's stock exempt for jarvis carb mods and vforce reeds. Sag set at exactly 105mm.

I couldn't imagine a motorcycle working any better than this bike does. It runs perfectly, doesn't stall and carves the corners like a hot knife through butter. The bike just plain rips and seems to refuse to plant me on my head. Has to be the best bike I've ever owned. Think I'll move her into the house. She's too sweet to keep in the garage.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

95 which is really low, it looked to have corrosion on one of the crank bearing and both upper and lower rod bearings. Bore looked fine. Weird. It was a demo bike. Shop owner said it had never been flooded. Jarvis used it for some classes and they ran some kind of race fuel in it.

1 hour ago, pomoco said:

95 which is really low, it looked to have corrosion on one of the crank bearing and both upper and lower rod bearings. Bore looked fine. Weird. It was a demo bike. Shop owner said it had never been flooded. Jarvis used it for some classes and they ran some kind of race fuel in it.

Maybe pressure washing and letting the bike sit before you got it?

• 2 weeks later...
That will do it. You have to start and run a case reed engine until it is hot after washing. It's just a good rule to follow.
Ive never heard this before. Can you explain the logic? My 19s airbox is so sealed its hard to believe water could hit the filter, leak past slide, leak past reed and into bottom end....and im not being a smartass, but after you said "case reed" i started thinking it is sort of like a pipeline to the crank ..

5 hours ago, hondaman331 said:
On 4/18/2019 at 6:40 AM, motocrotts said:
That will do it. You have to start and run a case reed engine until it is hot after washing. It's just a good rule to follow.

Ive never heard this before. Can you explain the logic? My 19s airbox is so sealed its hard to believe water could hit the filter, leak past slide, leak past reed and into bottom end....and im not being a smartass, but after you said "case reed" i started thinking it is sort of like a pipeline to the crank ..

When you pressure wash water can get through and get the air filter wet. A short little start up can suck the water through the filter. You're right it's a straight shot to the crank and bearings. If you run the bike long enough (bring the engine up to temp) after washing the extra heat will evap any moisture and you won't have any problems. Not doing this is the best way to get rusty crank bearings. 

• Like 1

When you pressure wash water can get through and get the air filter wet. A short little start up can suck the water through the filter. You're right it's a straight shot to the crank and bearings. If you run the bike long enough (bring the engine up to temp) after washing the extra heat will evap any moisture and you won't have any problems. Not doing this is the best way to get rusty crank bearings. 
One more reason im not a power wash guy! My filter isnt wet after a good old garden hose and dawn dishsoap cleaning! Takes me 600% longer though, add beer and we are looking at a day job.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, hondaman331 said:
3 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Read more  

One more reason im not a power wash guy! My filter isnt wet after a good old garden hose and dawn dishsoap cleaning! Takes me 600% longer though, add beer and we are looking at a day job.

Im with you on that. 

4 hours ago, hondaman331 said:
5 hours ago, motocrotts said:

Same story here too. Garden hose, some soap and hot water, couple paint brushes to hit the textured parts, add beer and elbow grease as necessary.