Zomby woof

Beta 125RR vs YZ125

This is not a what bike should I buy question. I am wondering how these two bikes compare.

I'm short and prefer a smaller/shorter bike.

The YZ has an almost 2" shorter wheelbase than a standard full size bike and the ones I rode seemed to handle the way I would expect a woods bike to handle. I did not like them on the MX track. The motor is fine and the suspension is a well known quantity that is easily made to work for what anybody needs.

I know little of the Beta except that the people that own them love them. The motor is supposed to be significantly better than the YZ, similar low end, better top end.  The suspension is supposed to be good out of the box but the Sachs forks do not have the best reputation. It also has a full size wheelbase.

Has anybody ridden both? How are they similar and how do they differ?

Edited by Zomby woof

Take magazine articles with a grain of salt. Everything is always the newest and the bestest. The YZ motor is very user friendly. I am sure the Beta possibly makes more power but I doubt the rideability is that much greater. For example the KTM 125 makes much more power but you have to be in race mode all the time and never fall off the pipe

The low seat height is a myth. My YZ125 is one of the tallest bikes I have ever had. Might have to do with the fact it is so light that with the spring needed for my fat ass it has almost no static sag. But even stock it was at least as tall as my current YZ 450s.

Haven't ridden the Beta but my experience with Sachs suspension has not been good. Maybe they have improved. The YZ has THE best suspension coupled with light weight it is magic. For off road it is a easy shim shuffle for whatever you need. The SSS is very versatile.

The Beta is nice with the off road goodies already there. Looks like a nice bike. Beta seems to have a pretty solid rep the last few years.

This forum is BRUTAL. I guess the mods don't actually read the threads.

I specifically posted this as the first line so it WOULD NOT GET MOVED :smashpc:

This is not a what bike should I buy question. I am wondering how these two bikes compare.

45 minutes ago, Zomby woof said:

This forum is BRUTAL. I guess the mods don't actually read the threads.

I specifically posted this as the first line so it WOULD NOT GET MOVED :smashpc:

FYI, you do not own a thread. TT does. Your question IS very much about 'what bike'. General is about tires. Bars. Helmets Spoke skins.....

• Like 1