Pinned underneath the pig!

The DR650 is a heavy monster when you're pinned underneath!

Went up a powerline trail on Saturday and it was like riding through a dry riverbed. I went up as far as I could go and the rock started getting really big and much thicker, trials bike looking stuff to me.

Took a break and grabbed some water before heading back out and made it just about back to the service road when the front tire slid to the left on some rock and promptly put me down! My right leg was caught up underneath near the rear wheel and swingarm and did not want to come out. The bottom of the bike was on a higher grade that I was, It took me about 5 or 6 minutes to coax the bike up enough to get out from under, was never even sure what I was even caught on!

Each time something like this happens it comes to mind that some of this stuff is better off having company with you when you do it!

Didn't really hurt too bad, the armor did a fine job...it was still fun though!!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, TnBushPig said:

The DR650 is a heavy monster when you're pinned underneath!

Went up a powerline trail on Saturday and it was like riding through a dry riverbed. I went up as far as I could go and the rock started getting really big and much thicker, trials bike looking stuff to me.

Took a break and grabbed some water before heading back out and made it just about back to the service road when the front tire slid to the left on some rock and promptly put me down! My right leg was caught up underneath near the rear wheel and swingarm and did not want to come out. The bottom of the bike was on a higher grade that I was, It took me about 5 or 6 minutes to coax the bike up enough to get out from under, was never even sure what I was even caught on!

Each time something like this happens it comes to mind that some of this stuff is better off having company with you when you do it!

Didn't really hurt too bad, the armor did a fine job...it was still fun though!!

I went down in a sand wash on my DR350SE and it pinned my right leg under the bike.  If I hadn't been lying in sand I don't know if I could have gotten my leg out.  Once I was free, I couldn't pick the bike up by myself (I couldn't get enough traction in the sand with my feet).  Thankfully I was riding with another rider and when he came back to see what was up the two of us were able to pick up the bike.   The DR350SE weighs about 300lbs or so.

Not a great feeling to be pretty much trapped with no immediate help in sight! ☹️ Glad your buddy was there!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TnBushPig said:

Not a great feeling to be pretty much trapped with no immediate help in sight! ☹️ Glad your buddy was there!

Love the Avatar!

Edited by GlennRay
  • Haha 1