Drz400s has no hope drilled for decompression

I have a 2015 DRZ400S and bought a Kickstarter kit for it. Got it in and went to put in the decompression valve and cable. Nothing is drilled in the head like on a 2000 DRZ400E. I had one and put the kit in no prob like this before. I'm wondering what to do with the head and if the head has the right pieces inside? Thanks for your help with this matter. Rick Rasmussen

Actually all DRZ400 have the auto decompression built in. The manual was just for the kick start only bike to position the  motor for kick starting. Unfortunately you are correct - The S and SM models do not have the head machined for the kick starter kit.  The Kicker came with the kit and the E was ready to accept the kit as an accessory. S/SM owners simply install the kit without the manual decompression parts. You can still kick start it, just takes a little more care to get the motor to the best position to use the kick lever.

Thanks for telling me about the bad news about my head not having the decompression pieces in it. That's bullshit. I m a small man 135lbs with my gear on. I can stand on the Kickstarter and barely moves.  Suzuki cheapened up on the wrong area in my eyes. I m going to be looking for something that has both. I lost my battery on my last drz and had no kit. Couldn't even push start it on pavement. 

I'm about your size and I can kick start.  It is a mater of technique. One way to position the motor is to put it in gear, pull the bike backwards to compression, take out of gear and kick.  Another way is to lean on the kick lever slowly until the piston comes to TDC compression, then kick.

What the manual compression release wanted you to do was operate the kick lever to feel compression, pull the compression release, slowly move the kick lever so the piston is about TDC, release the compression release, kick.  Stared my 600 Norton single all thru high school this way and probably weighed 118 pounds. wet.

Having a manual decomp makes it easier but certainly not required. It is all technique. I recall many years ago a girl I knew had a kicker pan head Harley. She weight 90 pounds wet. Never had a issue starting her bike. another guy I knew, had only one leg, he too, rode a kicker. Also no problem.

Any reasonably competent machinist Can machine your head for the manual decomp pieces

The head castings are all the same and it’s. Not hard to do, but not something that can be done in a home garage unless you happen to have a mil and the skill to use it

I’ve done 1/2 dozen of them over the years