tx300 throttle is stiff

Hey guys, 

I have a 2017 TX300 with about 50 hours, I find the throttle to be fairly stiff.  The cable is lubed, routed correctly and the tube is clean.  The throttle pull is smooth but very stiff.  It snaps back quickly when I release it but it takes about double the effort to twist the throttle than my friends 2015 ktm 250xcw.  Have any other TX300 owners had this issue? what have you done to fix it and get an easier twist?

2 good friends of mine also ride TX300s, one is on an 18 like mine and the other is on a '19. Both of their bikes have much stiffer throttle pulls than my bike does and why that is we can't figure out.. I suspect different springs in the slide are causing it...

Don't know if the bikes have the stock carb, but I have a Lectron HV on my '18 TX and ended up changing to the lighter slide spring that Slavens sells.  That made a HUGE difference in throttle pull for me.  My buddy did the same and didn't like the much lighter pull of the lighter spring.  YMMV.

If the carbs have been into and the needle messed with, check the little plastic piece inside the slide. It is basically the seat for the spring. The inside of it has a little notch that needs to be position over a slot in the needle hold down bolt. If you don't get it lined up right, it won't fall all the way down and this puts extra preload on the spring and also causes the spring to bind up a little.