Hard Enduro spring rates

Im trying to work on a hard Enduro suspension setup for my 16 yz250x . I currently have A class xc/gncc valving running .48 or .49 fork springs and a 6.0 in the rear. I only have one set of forks so the valving is going to have so stay as is, but would it be a good idea to drop a rate or so on springs? I have other shocks that I may play with valving on but if I can get away with keeping what I have and swap springs id prefer to do that. I'm currently 215-220 lbs and run a decent A pace and will be racing tough like rorr, battle of the goats and Tko so lotsss of rocks roots and hills with some faster single track hear and there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm far of the knowledgeable guys baseline but I got to ask how is it now.

In that weight with pack and everything I think I ran 5.6 in the rear and .48 up front.

Now you say you have A class valving but are you a A class rider?  I'm now down to a 5.2

rear spring with 136 psi in my Husky as I get older.  I was wondering if it was a little stiff?

@Bricktop72

Edited by Babyarmholdingapple

Im trying to work on a hard Enduro suspension setup for my 16 yz250x . I currently have A class xc/gncc valving running .48 or .49 fork springs and a 6.0 in the rear. I only have one set of forks so the valving is going to have so stay as is, but would it be a good idea to drop a rate or so on springs? I have other shocks that I may play with valving on but if I can get away with keeping what I have and swap springs id prefer to do that. I'm currently 215-220 lbs and run a decent A pace and will be racing tough like rorr, battle of the goats and Tko so lotsss of rocks roots and hills with some faster single track hear and there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
What are the sags front and rear

1 hour ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

I'm far of the knowledgeable guys baseline but I got to ask how is it now.

In that weight with pack and everything I think I ran 5.6 in the rear and .48 up front.

Now you say you have A class valving but are you a A class rider?  I'm now down to a 5.2

rear spring with 136 psi in my Husky as I get older.  I was wondering if it was a little stiff?

@Bricktop72

Right now it's great for gnccs at a race pace, but with the hard enduros being much  slower and Rockier it doesn't eat up the trail junk like I'd like..

Watching guys like jarvis and webb their bikes just seem some much more springy and soft but can still take some hits. That's what had me thinking lighter springs may be an idea. 

Ill have to wait until this weekend to get sag numbers.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea. 

Race tech recommends .45 and 5.7 for your wt. speed and "prefers soft setting". That looks good to me or something close. 

I know I prefer a softer spring on 2 strokes and definitely if your tackling more technical terrain. 

5 hours ago, chrismxer said:

Sounds like a good idea. 

Race tech recommends .45 and 5.7 for your wt. speed and "prefers soft setting". That looks good to me or something close. 

I know I prefer a softer spring on 2 strokes and definitely if your tackling more technical terrain. 

I haven't looked at their softer settings since I normally like my stuff on the stiffer side but I think I'll give that a try.

I'm no pro tuner but I've been working on doing the same to my '18 X for the past year. What really helped get my front better in the rocks was getting the correct springs to get the fork sag in the correct range for off-road(65-70mm if I remember correctly), upping the fluid amount to 350cc in the outer tubes and then going around 18 clicks out on the compression.

On the rear I'm pretty basic, I'm running about 105mm sag, 2 turns out on the H/S. I still need to do some testing on the rebounds fr/rr but for now I'm like a click or two faster on both. 

20 hours ago, nickmell said:

I only have one set of forks so the valving is going to have so stay as is, but would it be a good idea to drop a rate or so on springs?

Run a lighter oil with the lighter spring, preferably the lightest oil you can find

Get springs to get your sag numbers correct. 

Only thing that will make a significant difference in feel from a gncc setup to a hard enduro setup is a competenet revalve (or several).  You *should* be revalving to match the new springs regardless.