Maxxis desert IT?

I was running a very similar tire for a couple years, the Kenda Parker DT.  I got tired of how hard the tire is and its behavior on hardpack.  I switched to the Kenda Washougal II DC, its what a lot of guys are using here in the high desert in NW NM.  I'm glad I did, the Washougal is probably the best tire I've ever used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I was running a very similar tire for a couple years, the Kenda Parker DT.  I got tired of how hard the tire is and its behavior on hardpack.  I switched to the Kenda Washougal II DC, its what a lot of guys are using here in the high desert in NW NM.  I'm glad I did, the Washougal is probably the best tire I've ever used.

How long are they lasting for you? May try them on my 450FX this summer.

9 hours ago, vossman23 said:

How long are they lasting for you? May try them on my 450FX this summer.

So far a half dozen rides on them and no noticeable wear.  My kids have gotten good life out of them on 450Rs.

My preferred tire for southern Nevada is the Dunlop AT81 RC (Reinforced).
It wears decent, but the main thing I like is that it stays predictable as it wears. It doesn’t doing anything odd in sand or rocks.
I used to run the Maxxis Desert IT, but never cared for it. The traction was so so nothing special and it seemed that after the knobbies wore halfway that it become a little unpredictable.
I tried a Michelin starcross 5 intermediate terrain tire and took it off and gave it away after two rides. Did not like it. I never knew what it was going to do.
I’ve always wanted to try a Kenda Washougal, but haven’t yet.
We’ll see if I ever do, as the AT81 RC is my tried and true go to tire.