Hello,

I'm sharing this video from a recent conversion I did on my bike.  I tried my best to film, explain, then edit the video into a some what coherent stream of discussions.  I've never made a video like this, nor have I ever done a conversion before.  I'm sure there were a million better ways to produce a video like this, and probably 100 better ways to do this conversion.  However, this was not the point of the video.  I truly want to help anyone who is just trying to figure out how to squeeze a little more fun out these bikes while challenging our abilities of modification.  

I could not find a "how to" video any where on the ol interweb, so I thought I'd throw my ugly mug on one.  Please enjoy.  

Crf 100 to cr 80 fork conversion .  100 is a 2007 and the front end from a cr 80 is 92-95.  I re-used stock bearings on the 100 steering stem.  

https://youtu.be/lsK4ReU2rk8

Nice video, how did it perform with the new forks?  

Thanks. It does really well. I definitely need stiffer springs up front now. She dives pretty hard going into turns. The back end tends to get a little light from the diving. One of the best things about the front end convo is the front tire options. Much better grip. 

Cool vid.  That track looks super fun.  I used TTR125 forks on both of my stockers.  The length is about the same so there no balance issues, they have a bit more travel and a disc brake.  Plus, they can be rebuilt to work great.  I did use CR80 forks (drum) for on my Twin Shocker, they worked great. 

• Helpful 1

If you ever want to run inverted CR80 forks check out RHMotoWorx on facebook.  There is a steering stem sold that allows you to bolt it all together.

20181014_115715.jpg

• Helpful 1