Keihin Fcr 39 MX

Hello lovely and helpful TT community. New member on the site. I’ve been reading plenty lately on how to set-up my new used fcr 39mx on my Drz and pretty sure I’m heading down the right path but I still got some simple (for you) questions. I marked down the pictures with numbers so I can understand your explanations better.

So I bought the carb and checked plenty of videos and forums on how I’m gonna set it up with what adapters and all. Still wondering about these :

1. I see people don’t have the following cap (on the right of the choke) with the two allen screws. Should I take it off?

2. What’s the empty hole over my choke knob?

3. Is this where (picture #6 on the complete right with the tiny hole on the metal bit) the air mixture / fuel screw is? So should I drill it like I’ve done when first jetting the Mikuni bsr 36?

4. If so, and I drill it, will my extended fuel screw that I put on the original carb (Mikuni) fit on my FCR?

5. Should there be something plugged into this bronze metal hole?

6. Should I remove the TPS? Plenty of people say it’s not needed..

7. I’ve read you have to take out a jet on these older models but I can’t remember nor find which one it was. Any ideas?

8. And last but not least, all the jets came with it. Some seem to be Dynojet (DJ) others are marked CJ (don’t know what it is).. Question is, are jet numbers the same for any manufacturer? JD and Dynojet would be the same or no? Don’t really want to buy another set of jets also, and can’t find what jets set-up to use with Dynojets for this carb..

Thanks a lot for any help and if you got any other suggestions, feel free to let me know!

PS.! I got a DRZ-400 SM 2014, full Yosh exhaust, K&N filter, 3x3 mod.

IMG_0205.thumb.JPG.81457f05875c8508a44c8c5d9c0b733a.JPGIMG_0207.thumb.JPG.c7bc98494ec474bfd50e976ee568d957.JPGIMG_0208.thumb.JPG.9e6bd4f66d94894c0d3914ff245b7cca.JPGIMG_0209.thumb.JPG.f8262cda3123f2e766e47840d805a1bf.JPGIMG_0210.thumb.JPG.9ebe23f1038e75cd4b8339c812bd4b64.JPGIMG_0211.thumb.JPG.d5ec89ce770843b7e92b45b620525e74.JPGIMG_0213.thumb.JPG.13b298f0949cef15ca9ab873a3ec2a3e.JPG

You need to get the correct airbox adapter to set up that carb to a drz
Needs to be 2-3/8" dia or 60.3mm. There needs to be a smooth transition in airflow past the pilot air and main air jets for it to work right. There is a person on this board and on Ebay that manufacturers them from aluminum and printed composite version that are then bonded into place if using that particular type of mx fcr.

• Like 1

Not to rain on the parade of the "new" carb, but what are you going to do about the broken tab on the body? The missing screw in picture #5, and broken part in picture #3. Does a screw go in there with half those threads? I would be concerned about that sealing.

Not to rain on the parade of the "new" carb, but what are you going to do about the broken tab on the body? The missing screw in picture #5, and broken part in picture #3. Does a screw go in there with half those threads? I would be concerned about that sealing.

New for me but not the carb itself ;) But yeah good eye there. Effectively that’s been chipped off. Guess I’m stuck with that.. I was hoping on finding a way to stick that bolt on there or something once it’s all set-up and I don’t need to play with it anymore. The bolt fits in but obviously doesn’t « screw » in..

You need to get the correct airbox adapter to set up that carb to a drz
Needs to be 2-3/8" dia or 60.3mm. There needs to be a smooth transition in airflow past the pilot air and main air jets for it to work right. There is a person on this board and on Ebay that manufacturers them from aluminum and printed composite version that are then bonded into place if using that particular type of mx fcr.

Ya I’m planning on ordering this

https://www.motosport.com/jd-jetting-keihin-fcrmx-carburetor-conversion-kit?selected_color=X001&variant[JDJ000N]=JDJ000N-X001-Y001

No,that's not going to work. Your carb version has a FIXED intake bell. That kit was developed for the Sudco carbs with a removable intake bell.

You don't have the right carb version to be able to do that.

No,that's not going to work. Your carb version has a FIXED intake bell. That kit was developed for the Sudco carbs with a removable intake bell.

You don't have the right carb version to be able to do that.

Damn. So it’s got to "fit in" the intake like the last piece here in Abs plastic?

IMG_0220.thumb.JPG.8b1284b45b2508a027f7b9e0fb1e6608.JPG

For the rest of the parts, it’s the right thing though?

Yes,you can get the cheapy printed plastic one or the better aluminum one. Doesn't bolt on,it's bonded on over the fixed bell.

• Like 1

Gotta find it though.. I can’t seem to find any seller who makes it.

See Allgeyer Performance Products out of north Carolina. They're on ebay.

Yes!! I just wrote him an email. Thanks for that!

Posted (edited)

I used one of these badboys with the airboot slipped into it a ways to get to the carb

couplings-adaptors-p1056-22-64_1000.jpg

Edited by Atolduso

31 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

He's already going for one of those.

Ah ok just saw the picture of the plastic fitting that doesnt attach at all, I see you mentioned the metal one too now.