Awesome Suspension...

I just have to give a big shout out to Steve at After Hours Cycle for his work on my forks and shock. He goes by @motoxgiant on this forum. I cannot say enough about how amazing the bike tracks through the rocks and roots now. I bet I've doubled my speed through some of the rocky sections I used to struggle with. Where the bike always wanted to change direction (deflect) and seem to fight my every input it now it just glides right through straight as an arrow. Small, sharp bumps are very much improved at both ends as well. And the high speed stability is much better now too...the front end has better grip and feel in the corners and the rear hasn't "kicked" once since Steve worked his magic. 

Just to clarify, I sent my forks and shock (300rr) to Steve for hard coat anodizing, complete service, and revalve (already had springs for my weight) at ~130 hours. Turn around was very quick and customer service is as good as it gets. I highly recommend giving him a call if you're thinking about dialing in your suspension. I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying an already amazing motorcycle now!! 

20181220_172505.jpg

• Like 14
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, cnote308 said:

I just have to give a big shout out to Steve at After Hours Cycle for his work on my forks and shock. He goes by @motoxgiant on this forum. I cannot say enough about how amazing the bike tracks through the rocks and roots now. I bet I've doubled my speed through some of the rocky sections I used to struggle with. Where the bike always wanted to change direction (deflect) and seem to fight my every input it now it just glides right through straight as an arrow. Small, sharp bumps are very much improved at both ends as well. And the high speed stability is much better now too...the front end has better grip and feel in the corners and the rear hasn't "kicked" once since Steve worked his magic. 

Just to clarify, I sent my forks and shock (300rr) to Steve for hard coat anodizing, complete service, and revalve (already had springs for my weight) at ~130 hours. Turn around was very quick and customer service is as good as it gets. I highly recommend giving him a call if you're thinking about dialing in your suspension. I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying an already amazing motorcycle now!! 

20181220_172505.jpg

How much?

12 hours ago, Rooster73 said:

How much?

All said and done about $700. I think the hard coat was around $260. It's definitely money well spent in my opinion.

I've started ordering all my parts from Steve now too (sprockets, rotors, brake pads, main bearings, gaskets, needle valve and seat, etc etc) since his pricing (and customer service) seems to be the best.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, cnote308 said:

All said and done about $700. I think the hard coat was around $260. It's definitely money well spent in my opinion.

I've started ordering all my parts from Steve now too (sprockets, rotors, brake pads, main bearings, gaskets, needle valve and seat, etc etc) since his pricing (and customer service) seems to be the best.

That is a STEAL for all that work! Nothing means as much as excellent suspension, nothing. But, from now on you will never ever be able to enjoy riding bad suspension again, and you will notice it immediately. Good luck.

• Like 3

The OP speaks the truth about his quality work and customer service for sure. I had a very similar result when I got mine back from him. Way more fun to ride. Riding buddies said they can the difference in speed as well.

Steve even went as far as contacting Beta for me on some issues that were from the factory and got Beta to take care of me.

Great experience.

I will be sending it back to him for any future suspension needs.

Parts transactions have been flawless with him too. I’m a fan.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

That is a STEAL for all that work! Nothing means as much as excellent suspension, nothing. But, from now on you will never ever be able to enjoy riding bad suspension again, and you will notice it immediately. Good luck.

It truly is...I hope he doesn't do this, but Steve could charge more for sure ?. The results are worth far more than I paid. 

I have been into automotive racing for a long time and I definitely understand the value in proper suspension. But I have to admit that it seems to be far more critical on a dirt bike. No coilover or shock ever doubled my speed in my car!!! 

• Like 2

@cnote308

Where in PA are you riding mostly?  Trail riding, racing, dual sporting??

@motoxgiant

Where is your shop located?  You doing KTM's...or just  Beta?  My buddy needs hardcoat and revalve on the Sachs on his 250 RR and I'd like to make him aware of you. And if you are doing xPlor/PDS I may need some valving done on my EXC-F as well.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevvyd said:

@cnote308

Where in PA are you riding mostly?  Trail riding, racing, dual sporting??

@motoxgiant

Where is your shop located?  You doing KTM's...or just  Beta?  My buddy needs hardcoat and revalve on the Sachs on his 250 RR and I'd like to make him aware of you. And if you are doing xPlor/PDS I may need some valving done on my EXC-F as well.....

Central PA...State Forest trails (Seven Mountains Ramble Trail); Allegheny National Forest; Rock Run; AOAA; etc etc. I'm a woods/trail rider...I've only been to a motocross track once (Breezewood Proving Grounds). I want to get into some hare scrambles and/or enduros but don't have anyone to ride with and it's kinda hard to get started without knowing someone. Just turned 40 so I could do 40+ class now!!! 

3 hours ago, kevvyd said:

@motoxgiant

I think he’s in Dearborn Michigan. I purchased some oem beta parts from him and it was a great experience! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevvyd said:

@motoxgiant

We're in Michigan. Our work is primarily on the Italian bikes and their suspenders, but we've seen a fair number of WP, Marzocchi, and KYB components as well. PM me for more info.

Ditto on the service from Steve. 

I am in western Canada, and Steve got me the parts I needed in a very reasonable amount of time, and communicated excellent, as to the status of my order!

I will be giving his suspension service a try, at the end of this season!

• Like 3

cnote have you ridden on the track at Kissels? I heard its a rough one. Im 50 and have been riding around here forever so i know a few places to go. If your bike is street legal you can ride on Rails to Trails also.

15 hours ago, Mullet2Skullet said:

Ditto on the service from Steve. 

I am in western Canada, and Steve got me the parts I needed in a very reasonable amount of time, and communicated excellent, as to the status of my order!

I will be giving his suspension service a try, at the end of this season!

You won't be disappointed!!! I recommend not just a service but a revalve as well. Good luck!

5 hours ago, wbauto said:

cnote have you ridden on the track at Kissels? I heard its a rough one. Im 50 and have been riding around here forever so i know a few places to go. If your bike is street legal you can ride on Rails to Trails also.

No; I didn't know they had a track. I bought my bike from Kissells but they hadn't moved to Tyrone at that point (still in State College). I had Kissells install the "street legal kit" when I bought it so I can ride dual sport trails. I thought rails to trails was only bicycles and hiking only. I'll have to check that out.

I've been searching for someone to ride with ever since I started riding (a few years ago) but I can't get my friends into it. Their wives won't let them...one of the reasons I'm not married.?

Anyways...thanks for the info...always looking for other places to ride!!