Rear shock/ suspension

Hi all, thanks so much in advance for being here.

I just bought a 1999 CR250r

I even took it for a ride and did not notice the problem.

When i sit on it, my feet are planted on the ground, Im not that tall, the rear end is to low.

When i get off and push down on the back end, there is very little movement.

What do i need to do to lift the back end up to where it should be and have the shock work like it should.

The photo here of the air thing, i touched it underneath to see if anything was in it, a tiny bit of air came out and thats it.

I hope I have given enough info.

Again thanks soooooo much for your wisdom

Ray

IMG_0592.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

The little air thing is called a schrader valve. Compressed Nitrogen is put into that resevoir. It sounds like your shock is blown and the linkage could use some servicing.

• Like 1

I'm guessing swingarm pivot and linkage bearings. Pull 'em apart and have a look. And if the shock isn't leaking oil, you'll need to refill the reserviour  with nitro/air (many arguments about this on tt), it pretty much all dissapears as soon as you touch the schrader.

Posted (edited)

When you get done rebuilding the shock and replacing linkage and swingarm bearings, do the forks and stearing stem.

Edited by crypto666
  • Like 1

Check the rebound clicker on the bottom of the shock.  Set it ten clicks from seated and see if the rear end frees up.

If so, you might just need to service the shock.  If its still stiff, the linkage bearings, swingarm bearings or shock itself may be stuffed.