Best 4 stroke trail bike, KTM 350 EXC-f?

I have an 2018. And love it. They really are the do it all bike. It may not be the best in some areas. But they can do it all. I have mostly ride single track with mine. With a Rekluse. I do miss the 2 stroke at times. One thing about the 350 at the end of a long day of riding for many miles they are not as tiring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StevetheSnake said:

Yes it is a stock header P3 carbon fiber makes the pipe guards. 

https://p3carbon.com/

Jeff aka bolt can give you a deal on them. 

Thanks for the info.  I thought it might be the P3 but yours look flat and not glossy like the P3's I've seen.  I really don't care if it's flat or glossy but I just wanted a recommendation from someone who has run one.  I didn't want to drop $100 on a P3 and find out it didn't work well.

Thanks!

Doc

1 hour ago, Doc_d said:

Thanks for the info.  I thought it might be the P3 but yours look flat and not glossy like the P3's I've seen.  I really don't care if it's flat or glossy but I just wanted a recommendation from someone who has run one.  I didn't want to drop $100 on a P3 and find out it didn't work well.

Thanks!

Doc

Another perspective this is my sons 17’ 500. They can be abused and he knows how to do that!

4FAAE2F7-93E9-416B-93E6-18235CD8308C.jpeg

• Like 1

The stock restricted exc ktms suck. The derestricted Vortex equipped ktms rock.
Ask me how I know.  
97B5E372-A8B2-49C5-AC71-D441A54ABE7A.thumb.jpeg.de4099ecd91d656eb54bda122dfa5695.jpeg

Derestriced tps adjusted KTMs also rock when your on a tighter budget [emoji16]. 32 hours now and never a stall and a huge difference from stock. I would love to race a vortex 350 EXC-F to see how much it may beat me by lol.
At least all the fat guys aren’t here posting about the superior 500 [emoji6][emoji23]

1 hour ago, superwd6 said:

Derestriced tps adjusted KTMs also rock when your on a tighter budget emoji16.png. 32 hours now and never a stall and a huge difference from stock. I would love to race a vortex 350 EXC-F to see how much it may beat me by lol.
At least all the fat guys aren’t here posting about the superior 500 emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Well I’ve heard the 350’s aren’t as bad. But from the 17’ up 500’s it’s best not to touch the TPS at all as it will not make it richer in the upper throttle ranges. So I wouldn’t touch the TPS. I would say get a JD tuner or a unlocked stock ECU that only one guy in the West coast can adjust or a Vortex. 

The Vortex being the best in throttle response. 

Well I’ve heard the 350’s aren’t as bad. But from the 17’ up 500’s it’s best not to touch the TPS at all as it will not make it richer in the upper throttle ranges. So I wouldn’t touch the TPS. I would say get a JD tuner or a unlocked stock ECU that only one guy in the West coast can adjust or a Vortex. 
The Vortex being the best in throttle response. 

I tried tps on my 17 as ktmhusky guy has proved as Canadian dollar is way low . Went from .54 to .64 to .67 and was shocked at how well it works. Everyone says 500 can’t get enough fuel on top end [emoji6]. I’m just saying for hundreds less I can’t snap throttle and it barks [emoji7]. Love this bike

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 5:05 AM, scumbucket said:

I have an 2018. And love it. They really are the do it all bike. It may not be the best in some areas. But they can do it all. I have mostly ride single track with mine. With a Rekluse. I do miss the 2 stroke at times. One thing about the 350 at the end of a long day of riding for many miles they are not as tiring.

General question. When i change the oil on mine i fill to the half way mark on the glass. when i heat it up and turn it off the oil is completely above the glass. Does yours do the same? 

500s after 2017 are the best of all worlds , all they need is gearing change for specific uses. my bike had 14/48 gearing and it sucked in the rock piles and canyons, swapped for a 14/52 and its a one gear bike (4th) in open areas with 2nd and 3rd being best on the climbs and drops and if all else fails 1st gear if needed.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, superwd6 said:

Derestriced tps adjusted KTMs also rock when your on a tighter budget emoji16.png. 32 hours now and never a stall and a huge difference from stock. I would love to race a vortex 350 EXC-F to see how much it may beat me by lol.
At least all the fat guys aren’t here posting about the superior 500 emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Oh that's just mean ? .. have you seen one of us lately on the trail? no? there is a reason for that. haha