Street Legal -2015 KTM 250 XC

I’m looking at making my bike street legal here in Texas and wanted to see how hard it would be to add an actual key to the ignition process. Right now it’s just a pushbutton electric start.

If I am stopped at a place eating lunch or inside the store, I don’t want just anybody having the ability to come up, push the start and steal the bike.

Thanks so much and advance!

I have had the bikes with the key and with just push button start . The key is a big pia as you always have to remember ( and not lose ) the key . Also , if you turn the bike off with the kill switch and leave the key on = dead battery . I like just the push button start . If you are worried put a little hidden on/off switch somewhere . I was going to use the headlight switch for this but never did . Just bypass the switch and let the headlight stay on when ever the engine is on . Good luck . 

I have had the bikes with the key and with just push button start . The key is a big pia as you always have to remember ( and not lose ) the key . Also , if you turn the bike off with the kill switch and leave the key on = dead battery . I like just the push button start . If you are worried put a little hidden on/off switch somewhere . I was going to use the headlight switch for this but never did . Just bypass the switch and let the headlight stay on when ever the engine is on . Good luck . 
The Sicass kit does not kill the battery if left on. I have one on my KTM and leave it on all the time. I only remove the key in situations described by the original poster.

That's good to know . My 2018 FE450 would kill the battery if you left the key on and shut the bike off with the kill switch.  

The Sicass kit does not kill the battery if left on. I have one on my KTM and leave it on all the time. I only remove the key in situations described by the original poster.
How well does the harness fit Dave ? Looks decent and for short money. Its not worth making my own setup for 40$.

I have always worried when I am out riding and stop at a convenience store to grab a drink.

Here's a couple photos from my 2014 350 XCFW. Don't mind my mess of wiring. I'm working on recalibrating the engine cal and have way too much instrumentation wiring on the bike.20190416_193130.jpg20190416_193049.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I ordered one up tonight. O.P sorry to jump in on your thread.