Key switch-Street Legal- KTM 250 XCF Question

I’m looking at making my bike street legal here in Texas and wanted to see how hard it would be to add an actual key to the ignition process. Right now it’s just a pushbutton electric start.

If I am stopped at a place eating lunch or inside the store, I don’t want just anybody having the ability to come up, push the start and steal the bike.

Thanks so much and advance

Easiest way is to add inline to the kill switch a hidden switch. This way you only use the OEM switch daily and the hidden switch for those DS rides. 250XCF can be loaded in a van or a pick-up in less then 30 seconds by one person.

A key is easy to install, but your bike weighs 250ish pounds and can be thrown in a van or truck quickly and quietly in no time. I have the same problem, so here's what I did.
I installed a hidden kill switch that is a bear to find and added an alarm.

Crazy right? But, check this out, if you bump my bike gently when armed it chirps LOUDLY at you twice. If you move my bike off the kickstand it goes absolutely bonkers! It is so loud that standing next to it hurts your ears. Draws the attention of everyone.

Here's a link to the alarm. Don't let the price fool you, this thing is awesome. Lots of positive YouTube reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Anti-Theft-Vibration-Motorcycle-Waterproof/dp/B0734QN8KR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Wsdcam&qid=1555430286&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Here's a link for easy installation of a hidden kill switch. Parts should cost about $10-15.

If you go this route and need a hand, drop me a line.

Good luckScreenshot_20190416-095834_DuckDuckGo.jpeg