Anyone have a white Yamaha DT50 rear fender?

I have a 1988 Yamaha DT50. It’s complete minus the rear fender. The previous owner was actually able to get his hands on a NOS OEM rear fender for 1988 dt50, except it’s blue and I need the white. If anyone has one or knows where i can get one online let me know! Also I’m willing to sell the blue fender if anyone wants it. I know I could just paint it white, but I have bad luck when it comes to painting plastic, and I wouldn’t want to destroy a rare part.

Posted (edited)

A rational man must conclude there must not be any white fenders out there anymore for a DT50;  so you need to learn the best way to paint plastics, correct?  

Google search "painting plastic" first and see what it says and try your hand again.   Or pay somebody (body shop) to prepare and paint your blue one which gives you someone to raise hell with if their result is unsatisfactory.   The first option is low cost and the second may not be.

These are your only two options as I see it.   Maybe you'll find an original one day in a garage sale but all scratched up and needing paint.  Then you get a do over and you'll end up right where you are now.  Ride anything fast enough and nobody will be able to tell if it's a work of art or a rattle-can shade tree special.  

Edited by Jimmy Pascol
Wisdom, let us attend.