2018 TE250 (carb) need to wake the engine up

Hey guys, I’ve put about 4 hours in my 18 TE250, I love the bike in the tight nasty trails, but on the more open fast sections this bike leaves me wanting a bit more, how can I more meat in the low/mid rpm range?

The bike feels suffocated

Only mode I’ve done is the red power valve spring, it was definitely a step in the right direction.

Have anyone put an sx/tc head on their 17-19 ? What year is the best ?

Do I need the cdi?

What else can I do short of getting a 300 kit?

I sent head to slavens for a shave.... 60 bux... 10-15% low to mid improvement. 

2 hours ago, Ktmshorty said:

Two questions regarding the RK Head:

1 - Did it eliminate the pipe bang?
2 - Did you need to rejet?

Thanks.

I know you didn't ask me but on my 2018 TX300 I'm running the same jetting I did before the head and yes it really help pipe bang as there is less un burnt fuel entering the pipe after combustion because the squish gap will be tighter = less un burnt fuel also meaning more burnt fuel = more power :) 

• Like 1

I know you didn't ask me but on my 2018 TX300 I'm running the same jetting I did before the head and yes it really help pipe bang as there is less un burnt fuel entering the pipe after combustion because the squish gap will be tighter = less un burnt fuel also meaning more burnt fuel = more power default_smile.gif 

Thanks, I think I’m gonna pull the trigger!

Installing the RK Head makes the bike pull harder, as well as allows you to go up a hill a gear taller...I installed a Lectron Carb, and have tried several different Metering rods..I had a little bit of Pipe bang, but trying different Metering Rods helped a lot. The Jetting is spot on now that I have installed a 4-1 Metering Rod set @ 1.966" Better fuel mileage is a bonus......

• Like 1