How to fix bog issue

I’ve just gotten this motor on a 05 yz85 fully rebuilt , cylinder sent to millennium for replaying, bottom end kit from hotrods and wiseco piston that was matched to the bore. Even before the rebuild my idle was always off, it was always fluctuating. I will include a video so it’s easy to understand what I’m talking about. The bike does fine if you roll onto wide open throttle which I always do when I’m riding anyways , but if you just twist the throttle very fast it will bog . 

I have the carb apart and the jets look fine to me, nothing obstructing the small holes in them. Do you think it could be my float bowl causing this idle and fuel problem? 0B919492-2DC0-4A75-97F7-4B91905268C3.thumb.jpeg.ae7ce792ecb32ee07cfd00d3df68de88.jpeg

E6ACB59B-9D06-48F3-88BE-C73A9988D300.jpeg

starts to idle weird from 10-11 seconds in the video.

Had the same issue with my YZ250.  Turned out, I was lean on pilot and air screw.  Also, check float height.  Put it within spec.  I also ran my carb and parts through a sonic cleaner.  Did the trick.

I kept going leaner and leaner after reading tons and tons of posts and such.  Turns out, I needed to go richer on my jetting.  That was just me though.  I'm sure plenty of people will argue and blah blah

58 minutes ago, cnemitz22 said:

Had the same issue with my YZ250.  Turned out, I was lean on pilot and air screw.  Also, check float height.  Put it within spec.  I also ran my carb and parts through a sonic cleaner.  Did the trick.

I kept going leaner and leaner after reading tons and tons of posts and such.  Turns out, I needed to go richer on my jetting.  That was just me though.  I'm sure plenty of people will argue and blah blah

Great response.. and spot on.. Also, remember the main jet is a player in all throttle positions, except idle.

Bogs are almost always lean related..

• Like 1