Jump to content

Ride Report Challenge

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Seems we don't get enough of these on here. I really appreciate the guys that share their ride experiences on their Beta's. 

Added pics and vids are even better and very helpful for those looking at Beta's or comparing different models. 

It's unfortunate we get so side tracked with vitriolic threads and don't get enough sharing the joy and experience of actually riding these Beta's.

Riding is where the rubber literally hits the road! Your experience actually riding your Beta is when you demonstrate the bikes performance, how it's working for you, in the terrain you ride. It's where the nuances of the bike are revealed and sharing those helps fellow riders. 

There are those that never share any riding experiences on their Beta's, but rather choose to just complain constantly and that's disappointing. It'd be nice to see some of you actually talk about your ridng experiences! 

So, to those who do share their riding experiences,  thank you, and keep it coming! Getting to see these cool Beta's in their element is what it's all about! 

To those who don't, let's hear about your rides, pics or vids of the cool places you ride, how your Beta is performing, etc. 

No excuses, everyone has a camera on their phones now! Let's see them rides! 

 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KRAYNIAL said:

.... had to look up Vitriolic.......

Big word for a firefighter! 

BTW, thanks for the ride reports on the new ride! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having owned several of the different bikes , at the same time to compare, the stable is mainly Beta at this point.

One's riding style will dictate which bike "feels" the best to them. And, of course, riding styles can differ greatly.

The Beta has many difference over the others. Especially, in the foot peg area and neck.  Quality, IMO, is as good or better than the others. Front suspension could be the worse of any of them. This needs to be addressed after the purchase.

The Splenetic ? threads do get a bit tiresome and can be filled with incorrect information for sure. This is unfortunate.

Been on a Beta since 2014, and have plenty of ride reports and a few "tricks" to make it even a better bike. I wish they would step up on the suspension end though. 

For the price, it is a hard bike to beat IMO.

Have plenty of ride reports but nothing recent due to the insane amount of snow still present..

Thanks for the thread!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HERA said:

Having owned several of the different bikes , at the same time to compare, the stable is mainly Beta at this point.

One's riding style will dictate which bike "feels" the best to them. And, of course, riding styles can differ greatly.

The Beta has many difference over the others. Especially, in the foot peg area and neck.  Quality, IMO, is as good or better than the others. Front suspension could be the worse of any of them. This needs to be addressed after the purchase.

The Splenetic ? threads do get a bit tiresome and can be filled with incorrect information for sure. This is unfortunate.

Been on a Beta since 2014, and have plenty of ride reports and a few "tricks" to make it even a better bike. I wish they would step up on the suspension end though. 

For the price, it is a hard bike to beat IMO.

Have plenty of ride reports but nothing recent due to the insane amount of snow still present..

Thanks for the thread!

 

 

I really appreciate your input and spot on!

I completely agree that Beta is far from perfect and certainly issues that would be great if they would address and go a different route.  Zero hesitation in holding the bike to a high standard. At the same time, no bike or brand has a perfect package that meets everyone's needs, wants, or expectations. 

Being realistic on how Beta stacks up to the current industry standards is important to take into consideration. That often gets overlooked here with the barrage of negativity regarding the brand, which comes from the same crowd. The strange thing is, they actually own Beta's, but we never or rarely get actual riding experiences, just negative feedback. 

There's a lot to like about these bikes and that often gets lost here on this site unfortunately. 

Really looking forward to more of your ridng reports though!

Our snow is almost clear in our ridng areas, so I'll be excited to get back into the timber soon as well! 

BTW, definitely had to look up splenetic! Great term! 

 

Edited by firffighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't actually ride, just move them around in the garage each week. Moab trip in 8 days, 4 hours and 58 minutes. Not that I am keeping track. 

  • Like 10
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

I don't actually ride, just move them around in the garage each week. Moab trip in 8 days, 4 hours and 58 minutes. Not that I am keeping track. 

Jealous! 

Missing Moab this year. Will be back for 2020 though. 

Have fun, be safe, ride report!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please carry on with your sesquipidalian antics, they are very entertaining. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Please carry on with your sesquipidalian antics, they are very entertaining. 

Never been called sesquipedalian! Is that anything like a cesspool, kinda like some of the threads here? 

BTW, just got called a dumb ass on here, is sesquicentennial similar?

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forced me to look up sesquipidalian, I may have to use that in the future. I know I'll have to save it somewhere because I'll never be able to commit to the spelling correctly.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtdirtbag said:

Forced me to look up sesquipidalian, I may have to use that in the future. I know I'll have to save it somewhere because I'll never be able to commit to the spelling correctly.

Took me 3 tries. Don't feel too bad. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is becoming more of a "word-smith" thread than a Beta thread LOL

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HERA said:

This is becoming more of a "word-smith" thread than a Beta thread LOL

 

Perhaps more of a pedantic thread.... Anybody actually ride anymore?

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Old Plonker said:

Perhaps more of a pedantic thread.... Anybody actually ride anymore?

I rode dirt last weekend. Rode to work today as well (street bike- FJ-09) new bike has 26 hours on it already, and headed to Moab next Wednesday. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll chime in here for grins. Having owned and ridden suzuki,yamaha,honda, and ktm in the past 20 or so years.

Each of those bikes had their good and bad points. Each bike had suspension tuned for my style and ability.(I thought)

I decided in 2016 to look into something that fit my short stature.Came to the Beta forums and read for weeks.

Decided to take a chance and order a 2017 300RR through BYOB. I ordered "support" the suspension upgrade and submitted the form.

No "local" dealer (3 hour drive one way)

I picked up my new bike in Oct. of 17 . The first ride was uneventful ,taking it easy and getting used to the new bike.

The next ride, I felt more comfortable and confident than any bike I had owned or ridden in the past. I could just think about a line 

and the bike would go there, even with the "crappy" stock DOT tires.

The bike has 140 hours on it is is doing fine. I wish it had more but the weather has sucked here since the first of the year. 

I am completely happy with  my Beta, even with it's minor hang ups . Best bike (for me) I have ever ridden.

I read a lot of negative comments on here and take them with a grain of salt.

GOPR0553.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 200rr already has 26hrs as well! Time flies when your on a 2 stroke!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rusty_chain said:

I'll chime in here for grins. Having owned and ridden suzuki,yamaha,honda, and ktm in the past 20 or so years.

Each of those bikes had their good and bad points. Each bike had suspension tuned for my style and ability.(I thought)

I decided in 2016 to look into something that fit my short stature.Came to the Beta forums and read for weeks.

Decided to take a chance and order a 2017 300RR through BYOB. I ordered "support" the suspension upgrade and submitted the form.

No "local" dealer (3 hour drive one way)

I picked up my new bike in Oct. of 17 . The first ride was uneventful ,taking it easy and getting used to the new bike.

The next ride, I felt more comfortable and confident than any bike I had owned or ridden in the past. I could just think about a line 

and the bike would go there, even with the "crappy" stock DOT tires.

The bike has 140 hours on it is is doing fine. I wish it had more but the weather has sucked here since the first of the year. 

I am completely happy with  my Beta, even with it's minor hang ups . Best bike (for me) I have ever ridden.

I read a lot of negative comments on here and take them with a grain of salt.

GOPR0553.JPG

Great looking bike! 

Just curious where you're located and the type of trails? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Old Plonker said:

Perhaps more of a pedantic thread.... Anybody actually ride anymore?

Only vicariously through Firefighters and Krannies threads  :):)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vitriol here, MA doesn't open it's riding areas til May 1, and my son in CA (which I had thought was worst for regs) has been out riding his new bike plenty, while I've been like a little kid with a minibike riding in my yard. have to be content with a few wheelies, and still watching new 200rr vids on youtube.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...