Trail Boots Under $250

Hi I’m getting a ttr125 and need some boots. I’ll be riding all trails and have a budget of $250 TOPS. Do y’all have any options/opinions. Thanks!

Buy good boots.  $100 boots are CRAP!  Breaking your foot or ankle is not a good way to save some money.

1 minute ago, CDNSXV said:

Buy good boots.  $100 boots are CRAP!  Breaking your foot or ankle is not a good way to save some money.

Have you ever owned a low end boot?  The Fly Maverick is a surprisingly good boot.  The O'Neals are horrible, they fall apart.  I have experience with both.

9 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Have you ever owned a low end boot?  The Fly Maverick is a surprisingly good boot.  The O'Neals are horrible, they fall apart.  I have experience with both.

Yep, my first pair of boots were $125 Fox and I thought they were great till Barry Morris pointed out how crap they were.  Those boots could be folded in half easier than a pair of sneakers.  Then I went to a set of SG10 Gaerne and would NEVER go back to cheap boots.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, markmc2 said:

Since he is poking around on a TTR125, I think he will be fine with $100 boots for a year or two. 

If he has a $250 budget, he should spend as much as he can for good boots.  Small bikes have more than enough speed and energy to tear a foot clean off and most certainly enough capacity to break bones and mangle feet.

Its best to get into the habit of choosing good gear now, rather than wait till he has a serious injury for the light to come on about the need for good gear.

Edited by CDNSXV

@jumpingjax10  What size boot do you wear? Do you have a helmet picked out yet? Look around online for closeout/discounts. I got a $550 pair of TCX boots on closeout for $199 last year.

Edited by markmc2

Alpinestars Tech 1, with or without the AT sole. great boot for the money, it does fit narrow feet best though. if you have wide feet, check if there is a wide version.

My old pair of Alpinestar Tech 3s have served me well.  Even though they have a slick motocross sole. 

Girlfriend got a new pair of Tech 3s.  Still look like nice boots but sadly the aluminum buckles have been replaced by plastic..

I would definitely look around right now.  Shops are putting out new gear so some of last years gear may still be on sale for a good price.

I have been wearing steel toe work boots for 40 years , I have a pair of FLY BOOTS now . Never had a foot injury .
You Sir should definately go play the lottery!!!!

Get the best boots budget will allow. Check craigslist ect... second hand high end boots are almost half the cost. I found some Fox forma pro's for $75, worn only a few months.

Bought my 8 y/o son boots off cl, when he outgrew them, his younger sister got those. Back to cl for his new ones, until he stops growing. By then he will be paying for his own gear.
  • Like 1

Started riding at 12 now i'm 65 ride both dirt (KLX400R) and street (GS750T), never was in Hospital because of riding got lots of road rash though LOL. Play lottery got no luck at winning !

l

Gaerne GX-1 Boots are the best bang for your buck. They are made in Italy and as good or better than any boot at any price. Just no bells and whistles. You can find them for around $200 and sometimes less if your handy with eBay and google.

Check the eBay seller Moto-boots they are the importer of Forma boots for USA and they have some great deals and offer free return shipping. I bought a new pair of predators on here.