colorado Rampart ride off Jackson creek 4/20

2 minutes ago, DASFUEHRER said:

Anyone interested in riding rampart this sat? Stage off Jackson creek road. Lets do this!

We've had a lot of snow down here buddy.  Might want to get some condition reports or bring your tire spikes! :lol:

Will said Rainbow Falls was semi clear... or maybe Westcreek now?  I still have snow in my back yard!!

6 minutes ago, ColoradoJax said:

We've had a lot of snow down here buddy.  Might want to get some condition reports or bring your tire spikes! :lol:

Will said Rainbow Falls was semi clear... or maybe Westcreek now?  I still have snow in my back yard!!

I was going to wear some arm floaties so it should be fine. ;)

Anyone interested in riding rampart this sat? Stage off Jackson creek road. Lets do this!
Is this near rampart reservoir? I use to mountain bike around that over a decade ago. Really pretty up there with amazing views. Miss that place!

5 minutes ago, automagp68 said:

i too would like to head up but im pretty sure we are going to be snowed out up there

did they re-open rampart range road yet?

Dont think the road is open yet. But some snow and mud sounds like fun!!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ew83 said:
1 hour ago, DASFUEHRER said:

Is this near rampart reservoir? I use to mountain bike around that over a decade ago. Really pretty up there with amazing views. Miss that place!

Not really.  Rampart Reservoir is just east of Woodland Park.  The Rampart Range Riding area is significantly north of Woodland Park.  Most of the trails are off the northern end of Rampart Range road which begins at Woodland Park and terminates on Hwy 67 west of Sedalia.

Was at Jackson Creek gate last night and still closed, lots of snow so I doubt highly it will be open 4/20.

450x 1st street ride.jpg

40 minutes ago, CMill450x said:

Was at Jackson Creek gate last night and still closed, lots of snow so I doubt highly it will be open 4/20.

That bike looks way too clean! :D  Did you ride?  Can you elaborate on how much snow is still there?

Just now, ColoradoJax said:

That bike looks way too clean! :D  Did you ride?  Can you elaborate on how much snow is still there?

Ya I cleaned the crap out of it before making it street legal since I had all the plastics off and this was my 1st ride on it after she's legal. I rode from my house up to the gate so didn't get to ride anything other than Jackson creek rd to the gate.

The gate is right behind my rear tire but there were a couple of feet of snow form the middle of the road to the high bank side, I don't see them opening it up for a couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, CMill450x said:

The gate is right behind my rear tire but there were a couple of feet of snow form the middle of the road to the high bank side, I don't see them opening it up for a couple of weeks.

Yes, just before you get the gate (where you are parked) on the right hand side is the parking/staging area for TH 788 that will take you into the whole RR trail system.  I was curious if you went down that trail at all OR up the road past the gate.  I'm guessing it's all snow either way at this point... but thought I'd ask.  Thanks for the update!  :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, ColoradoJax said:

Yes, just before you get the gate (where you are parked) on the right hand side is the parking/staging area for TH 788 that will take you into the whole RR trail system.  I was curious if you went down that trail at all OR up the road past the gate.  I'm guessing it's all snow either way at this point... but thought I'd ask.  Thanks for the update!  :thumbsup:

Gotcha, no I didn't go down any further since there was a big sign by Sedalia that said Rampart was closed for mud season.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, automagp68 said:

lol you always were a little crazy ?

a little?

• Haha 1