Cant find gas cap for an 84 xr250r

I have an 84 xr250 and im having a hell of a time finding an aftermarket or new gas cap. Theres all sorts of them on ebay that say they fit and so far no luck, trying not to have to buy a used one. Any leads would be greatly appreciated

4 hours ago, Tom Perkins Jr. said:

I have an 84 xr250 and im having a hell of a time finding an aftermarket or new gas cap. Theres all sorts of them on ebay that say they fit and so far no luck, trying not to have to buy a used one. Any leads would be greatly appreciated

Weird, are you sure your tank is stock?  The cap is discontinued which is a bummer.  I would look for a seller on eBay that is parting a whole bike and try and get the cap from that one.  You didn't put where you're from, maybe if someone is close, you could check there cap on your tank?

I'm in burlington washington, ive been trying to find someone with a matching bike to test. As far as I know it's the stock tank. if I cant find something I'll probably do what you said and get an oem from a part out

6 hours ago, Tom Perkins Jr. said:

I'm pretty sure they closed a year or two ago sadly

bent bike langley bc, i believe they are only a couple hour north and probably will ship it as well