95 kx125 build update and new bike reveal

1 minute ago, montane West said:

Also bought a new bike check it out and tell me what you think 

Think it looks like a Suzuki ??

3 hours ago, CRJohnny said:

Why would you order a piston kit without measuring the cylinder?

Where did I write or say I didnt measure?

3 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Think it looks like a Suzuki ??

Lol you gotta watch the video, the bike I bought was the thumbnail 

14 minutes ago, montane West said:

Where did I write or say I didnt measure?

It's an assumption.  I got the same question.  In my case he didn't realize I have this amazing ability to remotely measure bores. For example, my bikes are 100 miles away right now and I can tell you with 100% certainty that the required piston sizes are 102mm, 78mm, and 66.4mm. 

Pretty amazing eh?

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, CRJohnny said:

In your video , listen to what you say from 2:00

ok I see what your saying lol I've just been measuring a lot more because I have the tool now to be honest, these pistons or at least mine came with paperwork with the piston specs/measurements and  the specs were also written down in the title and description and I checked with my service manual to make sure it was in spec, I bought it through Ebay and most piston kits have the specs in the title or description especially well known companies because the last thing you want on Ebay is negative feedback or have to deal with some sort of return or dispute, but thanks for the advice i'm still gonna measure it just to be super safe I mean you never know till you know, otherwise its a guess right? 

I think what he is saying is have you measure the cylinder with a bore gauge or taken it somewhere to be measured? What it was 25 years ago when it was made in Japan might not be what it is now after several owners.

17 hours ago, KDXGarage said:

I think what he is saying is have you measure the cylinder with a bore gauge or taken it somewhere to be measured? What it was 25 years ago when it was made in Japan might not be what it is now after several owners.

I didn't believe that was necessary I measured the old piston and it was just slightly under spec to be usable or considered in ok condition from the service manual so I knew from that measurement it couldn't have been bored out.

• Like 1