Tune it or leave it stock? KTM 350

So I have a 2019 350 exc-f.

I think it runs great stock. I haven't had any flame out issues.

Is tuning it that much better?

Not sure if its a fair assumption, but i would think increasing the power would negatively effect the longevity of the stock components.  

if it runs fine don't change anything. that's one of the best all around enduro bikes out there.

• Like 1

only you can answer this question for yourself...

I liked my 350 stock...but after adding a vortex and removing the exhaust screens and airbox reeds, its a completely different bike. And much more fun for me.

with these "mods" I can't see any issues regarding reliability. 

• Helpful 1

Granted mine was older, 2012, but it ran a lot hotter with the stock map. It ran better and cooler with a richer map. I personally would not run a new 4-stroke without a richer remap.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

12 hours ago, Timothy Whitney said:

Not sure if its a fair assumption, but i would think increasing the power would negatively effect the longevity of the stock components.  

Tuning the bike incorrectly could certainly prove to reduce the life of the engine. However, the bike still has a lot of potential considering it is de-tuned for emissions. 

• Helpful 1

Like hammy said....its up to you.

If its everything you want now...why would you change it?   Just because you can, does not mean you should.

If you don't feel the need for "more" and are having a blast on it...leave it alone...unless you just like spending money.  There's no question that the bike can be reconfigured..but it can result in a bike with quite different characteristics....do you need that???  Is that going to make it easier and more fun for you??...., or harder and more work??...only you can answer that.

My rule of thumb is.....If it ain't broke...don't fix it

• Helpful 1

I have a 19 350XCF that is not corked up from the factory and oh boy, she's fun!  Plenty down low w/o being a beast that bites and the mid range on up is 450 power of not too long ago. I chased my buddy on his KX450F a couple of weekends ago and outside of him being a slightly better rider, all things equal, I didn't feel like the bike was the weakest link anywhere.

The EXCF isn't broken, but there IS more potential if that's what you want. 

• Helpful 1