WD40 all over crank case after using it to clean exhaust head, gaskets ok?

I bought my KTM 2016 Freeride 250R used, and the exhaust head on the cylinder was all caked up with burn looking black stuff.

I took the expansion chamber off and cleaned the head with lots of scotch pad scrubbing with WD40 as the degreaser. It worked well.

Please see after picture below, Red shows where all the gunk was, now it's cleaned up.

After doing this I wondered if perhaps spilling WD40 all over the crank case (Green area) was such a good idea, because WD40 is a strong penetrant. I'm wondering if WD40 could have creeped into the crank case from there and wrecked the green material of the gasket. 

I honestly could not find an answer to my specific question, so I am asking here. The WD40 was on there for a long while as I was scrubbing off the gunk.

Purple line is where the outer vestige of the gasket was visible. I know that WD40 is bad stuff on some seals like brake seals, but don't know if I could have done the gasket any damage.

Your brief input would be appreciated.

freeride_header.jpg.34e229a6ceade9eb7f575873ca6fa3c5.jpg

WD 40 will not harm paper like gaskets, no problem. Clean your crank case with motorcycle cleaner and water.

• Like 1